PDA

View Full Version : Really late O'Hana reservation and kids

wdwluv
04-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I am desperate to go to O'Hana and have not been able to get an early reservation.

I have an 8:40PM and may cancel. Will there be any other kids there at that hour? Part of the reason I want to go is the fun kid stuff they do!
(I figured we'd all nap in the afternoon and sleep in the next morning)

I actually have a 7pm on another day - but we are to be at MK early for a Crystal Palace breakfast (8:20am) the next day. What time will we be out of there if we do the 7pm reservation?

KylesMom
04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I actually have a 7pm on another day - but we are to be at MK early for a Crystal Palace breakfast (8:20am) the next day. What time will we be out of there if we do the 7pm reservation?

We have a standing reservation at Ohana every year, and our experience has been spending anywhere from 110-180 minutes each dining trip. Very often we are made to wait for our seating, which puts you behind schedule to begin with.

Last June, we checked into the podium 15 minutes before our 5:00 pm ADR - and our bill was closed out at 6:51 pm. That doesn't mean we were out of there at 6:51, it's just when they processed the bill after we asked for it. The year before that, we checked in early for a 6:20 dinner - and our bill was processed at 8:59 pm. A lengthy dinner here has become the norm.

If we didn't enjoy it so much, it wouldn't be a re-re-repeat every year. However, we also let DS "play" to his hearts' content while we're there. :mickey:

DVC2004
04-28-2010, 07:01 AM
How old is your child? Unless he's older and used to staying up (keep in mind you may be in a different time zone on vacation too) I would keep the earlier ressie and resched. crystal if you can. You always have to wait to be seated and at 8:40 people will be hanging around for the fireworks. We had a late ressie with my kids and my sister's kids. Her kids were falling asleep at the table, cranky, and didn't want to do the activities since they were so tired. I doubt they even remember eating there. That's my advice. There are kids there at that time though.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM
We had a 6:45pm ressie on our day of arrival. Well, we were stuck in traffic because of an accident about 1.5 hours away. We were supposed to have arrived at 4pm(ish) but, because of the accident, didn't arrive until 6:25. We did make it to our ressies but, my kids were tired, hungry and pretty "out of it". They weren't cranky just very "foggy" acting. My youngest was sleeping on the bench next to me. However, as soon as dessert came, she perked right up!

We learned our lesson and know that our kids do better for lunch and/or early dinners. So, for our October trip, we are doing either early lunches (11:30am ish - eating by noon) or early dinners (4:45pm ish eating by 5:15). That's about their schedule at home and don't want to vear too much away from that while on vacation - for everyone's sanity!

HoosierDisneyFan
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Not sure about "the kids" but I know that I would not want to eat at Ohana at 8:40pm. I always eat way too much there and I am absolutely stuffed when I leave. I probably would not be able to sleep that night if I were to eat there that late. :chef:

DadTriton
04-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Ohana is a long dining experience with a lot of food and fun. It's not meant to go fast. I personally wouldn't book any dinner for kids at 8:40. We had a "late" reservation once at 7:00 at Tony's Town Square. We were seated late (7:30) and from all the walking, they were starving by 5:30 and complained for two hours about food.
I would try to get a earlier booking if I were you or a different restaurant.

mrmcgiv
04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
we had an 8:40 ressie once too there, we were stuck way out of the way -- there was very little entertainment left and kids were tired, I would not go that late again.

buzznwoodysmom
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
We've had a late ADR at Ohana's once. I think it was around 8:50 and on that night there were no kids activities. I asked the CM why it was so quiet and he said that they often stop all the kid acitivites just prior to Wishes and don't resume for the rest of the night. Not sure how accurate that information was because we've never had an ADR that late again. We like all the action and fun! If you want your kids to enjoy all this place has to offer I'd keep the early ADR. We typically spend anywhere from and hour and a half to two hours dining here, but its always worth it!!!