PDA

View Full Version : What hits ya

plutosnana
04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Remember Disney? Remember sounds? Smells? Taste? And well lots of other stuff. But I listen to Live 365 and they play Monorail soundtrack which really, REALLY! Hits me! Or when I get a smell of french fries in the air...It reminds me of all the yummy food at Disney. Then I cannot help but keep on smelling!! But what hits you? What makes you almost cry cause you want to go to WDW sooooo bad. O yes here is the link to the wdw radio stations, http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?first=1&searchdesc=disney%20world&I1.x=0&I1.y=0&charset=UTF-8

Loweschevy
04-27-2010, 01:52 PM
I also have live365 and I love listening to Disney music all day. Every once and a while you get a track that really gets you in the mood.

Most of the time I cannot wait to see palm trees and that warm humid air.

LuvsTigger80
04-27-2010, 02:12 PM
i too listen to live365. I love it....:mickey: i think hearing the ziggy zoggy song from the biergarten does it for me. Even my 4 year old sings it. :mickey:

johnO
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I too listen to live365. Often I'll hear a track from a ride or some area music from one of the parks and it give me a case of the disney bug. But really.....i've always got the disney bug. I'm always ready to go!

Certin smells can bring you back to memories too. I love the smell of POTC,(its the water).

Spang88
04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for turning me on to the radio station site. I too was really hit by the monorail soundtrack.

I felt like I was riding from the TTC to Epcot. Thank you......

g8rgirl29
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Bath & Body's Spiced Cider hand soap and scenties, they remind me of the pie smell in Mickey's PhilharMagic. It makes me want to go to Disney every time I smell it!!

plutosnana
04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for turning me on to the radio station site. I too was really hit by the monorail soundtrack.

I felt like I was riding from the TTC to Epcot. Thank you......
I know!!! Honestly I sometimes pretend I am on the monorail. LOL!

cer
04-28-2010, 09:43 AM
The smell of my luggage. We bought this set for our first real family vacation to Disney and now everytime I open it...well, you know....

tcswife
04-28-2010, 10:30 AM
LIVE 365 is Awesome!!! I play it through the radio in my car from my iPhone, my kids love it!! For me it is the Adventure Land loop music really gets me!!!:mickey:

LandFan
04-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I walked by a Carrabba's the other day and I got that wood burning smell of AKL/Boma/Jiko:thumbsup:

lukewarm chlorinated water reminds me of a lot of the water ride smells.

Ugghhh. Do I really HAVE to wait until November???

Bamf1000
04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
i love the smell of the bakery walking down mainstreet, i think they use scent machines to make the scent so strong

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok, so live365 is blocked at work.

HOW DO I GET AROUND THIS??????? :mad:

plutosnana
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM

No idea! OUCH!! I would hate that. Well is it like a lock on the computer er what?

xo0ally
04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Certin smells can bring you back to memories too. I love the smell of POTC,(its the water).

Funny you mention that the other day i was walking to work while it was drizzleing and the smell reminded me of POTC!

Soph and Han's Mom
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
i just put the mouse world radio ap on my iphone...where has this been all my life?!?! listening to muppetvision right now!

can't wait till my 8yo gets home from school to share this discovery with her...

as i was driving earlier mentioned 8yo to school this morning, the smell of fresh cut grass and sprinklers reminded me of early morning walks at disney...it was nice! looking forward to our trip in 46 days, but who's counting...

Gator
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
When it's real cloudy but still warm, it makes me think of being at WDW.

luvDaMouse
04-28-2010, 04:48 PM
:thumbsup: listening to live365 right now! Fantasmic is playing and earlier I was listening to Stacy's top things!! I can almost picture what she is doing on tv while listening to her :)
Only 22 more days for me to be back to my happy place :mjump: 16 work days, sounds much better and shorter :secret:

plutosnana
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
O i forgot about the smell of bus gasoline reminds me of the wdw bus, and the after rain smell makes me think that I am walking past our hotel from the rainy nights.

ILoveLegos
04-28-2010, 08:41 PM
The smell of Florida water - fountains, in the shower, POTC ==> it just takes me to WDW. :mickey:

Suz36
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
What makes you almost cry cause you want to go to WDW sooooo bad.

What do you mean "almost"? Wishes makes me cry every time I hear it!:blush:

mjm12000
04-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Seeing, smelling and tasting Rice Crispy treats, I never eat them any other time then when I am at Disney, those big ones Mickey ones dunked in chocolate. I have one every trip as a late night snack I usually pick up on my way out of the MK at the candy shop and eat it in bed watching the Disney Channels in my hotel room. Makes me feel like a kid again.

plutosnana
04-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I got some candy like that. I first thought it was chocolate covered marshmellow. Before I ate it. Then I said "I am in the mood for a chocolate covered crispy treat like the ones at wdw" and then I took a bite and it was a chocolate crispy treat!

donaldsgal
04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
i have never been at Disney but i would want to from what i have heard visit the food court.:mickey:

WDWNut02
04-29-2010, 01:55 PM
The dark rides have a smell to them that is uniquely Disney. It is almost musty (but in a good way). My entire family will say "Disney Smell" whenever we come across it somewhere. :cloud9:

kemps@wdw
05-02-2010, 07:06 PM
The music to the Main St Electrical Parade. We fisrt saw it on our honeymoon trip.

LudwigVonDrake
05-02-2010, 07:32 PM
When I listen to my Disney music and I hear the music from Space Mountain - it puts me right there :mickey:

WEDTOPIA
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Live 365 Mouse House Radio rules !
I am reminded all the time of WDW :
Bus fumes , chlorinated pools , cedar wood , bandaids , humidity , the smell of hot dogs , classical music ( Impressions de France ) , boat motors , train whistles , pineapple , lake water , early 1900"s music , western movies , logs burning in a fireplace , fresh cut oranges , whenever I hear the words " lodge or resort " , south seas music , fresh popcorn , a barber shop quartet , western music , any buffet , water fountains , breakfast food , the water slide at the clubhouse , our disney towels , my Disney room , ticket booths , friendly employees at the grocery store , strollers , postcard racks , a cloudless blue sky , an afternoon rain shower , ducks on a pond , the Disney Store , travel brochures , out of state license plates , Star Wars ,Indiana Jones , golf balls , glass blowers , pinball games , flower gardens , people with fanny packs , herons , horses , little kids , and being in other theme parks which make me want to be in Disney World instead......
:mickey:

divacat80
05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
this is my first post!!! (hi everyone! ... i can't find an "introductions & hello" section in the forum hehe)

I'm reminded of WDW and Disney Parks all the time too, i don't live in the U.S. (we're from Spain, DH is spanish though I'm actually from Argentina) and life here is so different from the U.S. but I still have the disney bug ALL the time.

what always reminds us of disney parks (i say parks because DH has only been to DLRP) is the smell of chlorinated water, ... always reminds us of POTC. It's funny because i thought i was the only person in the world to notice the smell and be reminded of WDW so easily ... until one day my husband was smelling something in the air and said aloud that it smelled like POTC XD

what reminds ME of WDW and disney parks apart from the water...
rainy weather in the summer (it rarely rains here where we live), cinnammon smell (from the Miami Int'l airport), christmas decorations, hot dog smell, large lollipops (they remind me of Main Street), and the list could go on forever...
i agree with the person who mentioned the monorail audio loops ... that hits me REALLY HARD, and the "remember the magic" parade does its thing too
the weird thing is that something that hits me strongly is the ROE and Fantasmic soundtracks, both give me an overdose of the disney drug and both make me cry EVERY TIME I listen to them... BUT I've NEVER seen any of both shows!!!!!!!!

disney magic is awesome:mickey: but it can get sooo addictive! i gave up trying to wipe the pixie dust off my shoulders too many years ago...:number1:

ILoveLegos
05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
this is my first post!!! (hi everyone! ... i can't find an "introductions & hello" section in the forum hehe)

:number1:

Welcome to Intercot!!! :welcome::cheer::rocks:

divacat80
05-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!! :welcome::cheer::rocks:

thank you!!!!!! :number1::thumbsup:
I've been reading the forum for many years and finally decided to sign up :D

Figment104
05-18-2010, 12:02 PM

:welcome::pixie:

I also listen to live 365 and now also d-cot and I have to admit that any of the recordings that are or at least sound like actual audio tracks from the rides really hit me!

Also, we have a little shuttle that I ride into work from my parking garage and every time I ride it, it reminds me of being on the shuttle I take to the airport to start my disney trip. Not quite disney but that's what it always makes me think of :blush:.

Can't wait for Sept!!! :mickey:

princessimagineer
05-18-2010, 01:04 PM
whoawhoawhoa. live365. i must stop and thank everyone for helping me discover this.

now back to the thread: whenever i see a hidden mickey outside disney (happens more often than not), when i see like rick steves of samantha brown episodes on foreign countries and i think omg this reminds is just like disney (the intention was to be the other way around i know), we've always driven to disney (from jersey) so whenever i am driven to college (which is in DC) the long ride (on the same highway) reminds me

SurferStitch
05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Various smells are what always get me. They do say that smell triggers memory more than anything else!

My dad's car smells like it does in the monorail, so anytime I'm his car, I'm reminded of WDW.

Fastpasssteve
05-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Funny that one of the posters mentioned the smell from the bakery on Main Street. They DO, in fact, pump the smell from the bakery out onto the street. The smell of butter and flour and cinnamon are lucious.

The smell that always makes me so happy is the popcorn rolling stand just inside the gates on the left in the Magic Kingdom. It smells like a carefree day to me!

KatrinaJ91
05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
I know!!! Honestly I sometimes pretend I am on the monorail. LOL!

I went one step further....I made it my tone when I get a text message! I love it....it makes people smile when it goes off in public!

divacat80
05-19-2010, 04:15 AM
:welcome::pixie:

thank you!!! :blush:

I've always said that "smell recorders" should exist in real life...
the turkey legs would be at the top of my "smell playlist"...
:mickey:

Disdad13
05-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Love Live 365! Love MouseWorld Radio for iPhone, too! My favorite is the Innovations music - it always gets me in full-on Disney mood. I also love the Monorail track and the outside music for Ellen's Universe of Energy. Don't know why, but I do!

Just tentatively booked return trip for Labor Day Week!:cloud9: Can't wait to get back home!

DisneyorBust
05-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Working at an airport, I get a kick out of seeing the families checking luggage with the Magical Express tags in place and especially when I see the young children bouncing with excitement and talkng about their vacation to WDW!

disneykid@hrt
05-20-2010, 09:23 AM
So thanks to Live365 I am on Space Mountain right now... AWESOME!!

I bought the Illuminations soundtrack on our last trip, and when I pop it in I am there... Grey Goose Slushie in hand! :mickey:

Ed
05-20-2010, 09:44 AM

Solution is easy - - time for a new job! :shrug: ;)

Working at an airport, I get a kick out of seeing the families checking luggage with the Magical Express tags in place and especially when I see the young children bouncing with excitement and talkng about their vacation to WDW!

Eric, I'm on the other end of those passengers' trips; I work at MCO. So I get to see all those happy faces :mickey: arriving, and not-so-happy faces :crying: departing.

Stu29573
05-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Ok, now I'm addicted to live365. I'm sitting here listening to Main Street background music, I bought my plane tickets yesterday and booked my November trip a couple of weeks ago. I'll make my ADRs tomorrow. Life is so good right now!:D::number1::thumbsup::mickey:

Disney Day Dreamer
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
The music to the Electrical Light Parade. I saw it when I was little in 2001, but I looked it up in books at could only find out about "Spectromagic" so I never could figure out where I heard it. I heard the music at Disney On Ice when they did a version of It's A Small World with lights. I hadn't heard it so long that I almost started crying and was giggling like crazy!

I completely agree with what everyone said about the smell of "Disney Water" and the park music on Sorcerer Radio. I'm listening to it now and I'm so addicted.

And... whenever I smell an outdoor fire or wood grill, etcetera, it immeadiately takes me back to Spaceship Earth at Epcot, when you go past the embers at the "Fall of Rome" section.

To be honest, there's a lot more I can't even think of right now. By now, whenever I say" Y'know what this reminds me of...", everyone I know knows that the correct answer is Disney.

disney1122
06-08-2010, 10:38 AM
When those doors slide open at the entrance of the Poly....there is a smell. I can't describe it...but that smell is the best smell!!!! Leaving soon for WDW....and can't wait!

BigThunderFan
06-11-2010, 03:02 PM

I totally agree about the smell from POTC, as soon as you walk through the doors into the fort! That is how we know we are really back at WDW!

I love the Live365 broadcasts, I get chills listening to Illuminations and the Spaceship Earth ride. But the thing that really gets me is when I hear the monorail voice: "Por favor mantangese allejado de las puertas". Apologies if my Spanish spelling is not up to par... :secret:

kemps@wdw
06-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Listening to my Live 365 as I post. For me, the fave music would have to be the Main Street "loop". This was the music playing the very 1st time we took our then 5 yr old DD to WDW and the 1st park we went to was MK. And as we danced our way up Main St to the castle, that music was our processional music. When I hear the Beatles, I think of "The British Invasion", when I smell chlorine, I think of swimming @ the WL, and I look for the hidden Miceky's in EVERYTHING around me!

crltkcagle
06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Me too!!!

bath & body's spiced cider hand soap and scenties, they remind me of the pie smell in mickey's philharmagic. It makes me want to go to disney every time i smell it!!

AdventurerKim
06-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Too many smells remind me of WDW! I am constantly thinking about WDW and trying to devise ways to get back ASAP either without missing work or taking a day or two for a long weekend btwn longer trips. Whenever I turned on the A/C in my last car, the initial smell reminded me of HM! I loved it! :mickey:

bringbackhorizons
06-13-2010, 12:57 PM
I LOVE Live365, and I also love the fact that my two year old DD knows the words to "We're walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA", even though she's never been, and that my 8 month old DS claps and dances as she sings it. Hmmm, do you think they're brainwashed? :secret:

Gibbs
06-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for hooking me up thw live365. It is awsome.

We are fortunate to be able to get to Disney at least once a year. My wife (who has to be one of the worlds greatest cooks) often can figure out how to make some of the foods we have at Disney. This is what does it for me. When she prepares one of those meals, we spend the rest of the evening talking about Disney, and watching videos from previous trips. It makes for a wonderful evening.:cloud9: