PDA

View Full Version : Photopass question

goofynmd
04-27-2010, 10:31 AM
I am thinking about preordering the Photopass. My question is this. I typically make a craft scrapbook of our vacation. However, this year, I don't see me having the time to cut, paste, etc so I am thinking of making one via one of the photosites (Snapfish, etc). Can I use the pictures from the Photopass to upload to an external site or is this illegal?

FriendsofMickey
04-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Per the paper included in the CD itself:

....Seller hereby grants, sells and conveys the following to the buyer: (1) the compact disc media; and (2) the intelllectual property rights owned by the Seller or its affiliates in and to the digital image files contained on the compact disck media, subjtect to: any and all intellectual property rights owned by Seller.....

also later it states "...Buyer shave the right to create duplicates of the CD, the digital images files containced on the CD, and the Photographs ..."

It states as long as it is not for commercial use....
so, my answer is yes, as long as you are doing it for yourself or as a gift.

I will tell you though, that I went through the time to edit the pictures and put frames on them. I then printed them out using Kodak and all of the frames were cut off in spots.... really dissapointed. It was the first time I had used Kodak, so not sure if this was an error on their side or if it was the way the pictures (with frames) were stored....
my less is not to waste my time adding frames, unless I am going to print them from Disneys site.

DizneyRox
04-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Personally, I'm not at all impressed with the Photopass pictures. They are fairly low quality pics. The editing that you do can/will throw off the dimensions and they are no longer 4x6 or 5x7 or whatever.

This is probably what you experienced, not Kodaks fault... This was probably done intentionally on Disney's site so that you would buy the pictures from them.

g8rgirl29
04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I had the same problem of borders etc being cut off with snapfish prints.

Zippy 1
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
I had no problem using the photopass pictures in a photobook from shutterfly. I had added borders and everything. The book cam out wonderful. I would not hesitate to purchase the photopass cd when we go back. I am actually looking forward to it since there are 6 of us going and we will combine the cards all onto one cd.

mom2mickeyfan
04-27-2010, 02:32 PM
The first year I ordered the photo pass CD, I had trouble with the borders being cut off also. The next year I made sure the pics were saved in 4x6 and didn't have any problems. I think when you do an edit it saves it in 5x7 so when you print a 4x6 with that pic, part of it is cut off...the borders. Any pic I really liked and I thought I might print in more than one size, I saved in each size I might want to print. The main problem with this is it is hard to tell which one is which on the CD because it just looks like the same pics 3 times. So to help with that I always started with the smallest size....4x6, 5x7 and then 8x10.

Hope that helps some people.

Davy Crockett
04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Did you know that you can produce a photo book directly on Disney's photopass site and when you do the prepurchase you will get a discount on both the Custom cover photo book and the Photopass CD. You can get both for what you normally pay for just the CD after you get home. If you go to the Photopass site and go to the previsit section you can see all the details. Hope this helps and saves you time.

(http://www.disneyphototoffer.aspx)

zcrsdad
04-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Did you know that you can produce a photo book directly on Disney's photopass site and when you do the prepurchase you will get a discount on both the Custom cover photo book and the Photopass CD. You can get both for what you normally pay for just the CD after you get home. If you go to the Photopass site and go to the previsit section you can see all the details. Hope this helps and saves you time.

(http://www.disneyphototoffer.aspx)

I did this last year and it turned out really great. Everyone raved about it. Plan to do it again.

TheVBs
05-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't know about other sites, but on the Kodak site there's a default "zoom and crop" setting. You have to manually go in and change the setting to "show entire picture" or something like that. This is probably why your pictures came out with parts of the border cut off. This applies whether the format is 5x7 or 4x6, so I wouldn't resave your original pics in a smaller format.

When I ordered prints from Kodak I did have to scan and email the release form before they'd process the order.