PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe for Breakfast

readytogo2
04-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Is Kona Cafe for Breakfast considered a counter service??

Carolanne
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't think so. According to the pamphlet, the only CS I see at The Poly is Captain Cook's.

cer
04-26-2010, 07:42 PM
No, Kona will count as a table service restaurant even for breakfast.

But... I understand that if you want the Tonga Toast they are famous for, you can go to Captain Cooks downstairs in the Poly and get it for a counter service credit.....

SBETigg
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Kona Cafe is table service. Kona also has a coffee bar that might have some snack or cs options (but I'm not sure). The CS at Poly is Captain Cook's.

PetefromRI
04-26-2010, 07:56 PM
No, Kona will count as a table service restaurant even for breakfast.

But... I understand that if you want the Tonga Toast they are famous for, you can go to Captain Cooks downstairs in the Poly and get it for a counter service credit.....
This is correct and it's a great deal.You get the same exact breakfast for about 1/2 the price.I'm a Tonga Toast freak and believe me when I say that it's just as good at CC's.We like the Kona Cafe at breakfast though because of the pressed pot Kona coffee along with splitting a Tonga Toast with my wife.

Carolanne
04-26-2010, 08:13 PM
This is correct and it's a great deal.You get the same exact breakfast for about 1/2 the price.

REALLY? Wow, good to know!

mouseketeer mom
04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
This is the one and only sit down breakfast we do every trip. It's our not miss. You can get the Tonga toast at Captain Cooks, but Kona's has a great vibe to it, everything on the menu is delicious, not just the Tonga toast. Even the fruit platter is gorgeous. This is a great way to start the day. Relaxing and delicious. My husband loves the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes. The kids and I always get the Tonga. And the sausage, bacon and ham are delicious too. And we always get the pressed pot.

finaldynasty
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
This post has sold me on eating at Kona. Usually we eat at Ohana, but I am very intrigued by the menu and everyone's comments!

MinnieMommie
04-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Kona is def TS and yes you can get the tonga toast at Captain's Cook which is CS. I totally agree with all the accolades for Kona. It is our fav breakfast on property.

I have a friend who eats there for at least 2 breakfasts each time she visits. The French pressed coffee is truly delicious and among the best (if not the best) on property. The food is yummy and plentiful. Depending on your appetite and what you order you can split your order. :thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
TONGA TOAST and KONA COFFEE are an absolute MUST on every trip!

We have eaten at Kona Cafe only once when I was naive and thought I had to pay full price for Tonga Toast!!! :D

One morning of each trip we get our Kona coffee from the Cafe stand right outside Kona Cafe (it is right by the walkway to the monorail) walk downstairs to Captain Cooks and get our Tonga Toast, and then head to a table where we can see the castle. We eat in ecstacy while we pour over our park maps and itinerary.

The worst part about this is that we can't leave our plate alone for fear of Florida wildlife stealing our Tonga Toast! :tikki:

Oh - one side note - the Kona coffee stand transforms into a sushi bar in the evenings!!! BONUS! :thumbsup:

Bamf1000
04-28-2010, 01:47 PM
cant wait to try the Tonga Toast for the first time...only 201 days to go!!:number1:

DadTriton
04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
cant wait to try the Tonga Toast for the first time...only 201 days to go!!:number1:

Best breakfast in the world. I bought a Disney cookbook and make it home once in a while.

minnie-mouse
04-29-2010, 04:06 PM
No. We just ate there last week and I can tell you, I had better scrambled eggs all week in Capt. Cooks then I did at Kona, I wasn't that pleased with it.

A Big Kid
04-29-2010, 06:56 PM
This is the one and only sit down breakfast we do every trip. It's our not miss. You can get the Tonga toast at Captain Cooks, but Kona's has a great vibe to it, everything on the menu is delicious, not just the Tonga toast. Even the fruit platter is gorgeous. This is a great way to start the day. Relaxing and delicious. My husband loves the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes. The kids and I always get the Tonga. And the sausage, bacon and ham are delicious too. And we always get the pressed pot.

Ditto X2