PDA

View Full Version : cumfortable park weather early december?

dyin tago
04-26-2010, 09:11 AM
dw and I now have the option of early december for a week.

has anyone had weather a bit too cool at that time?

we are from canada so we are well below freezing at that time. a light jacket in the evening and hopefully no jacket during the day would be perfect.

would be a nice thing to see all the special fireworks and decorations. would not miss the sweltering september heat when we usually go!:mickey:!

princessgirls
04-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I found that early December was a lovely time in WDW.

Warm comfortable days and cool nights.

Julie:mickey:

disneymom15
04-26-2010, 10:33 AM
The weather can vary greatly in that time frame. We've been several times in Dec.& have had weather near 90 to 50's during the day.

Ms. Mode
04-26-2010, 11:02 AM
I think you might like December at WDW. We also had always gone in August until this year. We were there the first week of January (they had record breaking low temps) and it was chilly at 40 but the sun was out and it was in the low teens at home. :thumbsup:

My DD told me the other day that she didn't think she would want to go during the summer again.

Strmchsr
04-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Look in Info Central at the historic weather conditions page and you'll see the exact weather for your dates over the last 5 years. That should give you a good idea of what to expect.

faline
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
We're from New England so are no strangers to cold weather either. Most of our early December visits have come along with very pleasant weather. Often, we've even been able to use the pool during these trips. On a couple of trips, we've had some more coolish weather where a light jacket and jeans were necessary for at least part of the trip. On a couple of occasions, we've had weather that was downright cold. Once, we wore heavy winter coats (and dressed in layers underneath) when we attended Mickey's Christmas Party...and we were still quite chilled! Last year, most of our visit was on the coolish side with jeans and sweatshirts the norm. On the day we attended Mickey's Christmas party, though, we hit some warm weather and had shorts on tees on all the way through the night! You never can tell what you'll get in December so you'll need to be prepared for all eventualities!

bouncer
04-26-2010, 10:39 PM
:ditto:I have to agree with Faline. Coming from WI I also know about the cold weather. We usually bring along our winter coats, gloves & ear muffs/hats. Some evenings with the wind it can be downright cold. We went to the candlelight processional and were very glad to have the warm clothes along. Definently pack layers. Bring a backpack with room for sweatshirts etc for evenings at the parks. I really like this time overall though because I don't like to be in the park when you feel like you are melting.