PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villa Room Question

edwards2301
04-25-2010, 02:42 PM
We will be staying at the BWV in July. Myself, dh, dd1 (5) and dd2 (19mo). My DM and DD will also be staying there. Both of us have requested a studio and we have requested connecting rooms. My question is: Is it even possible that there would be two studio rooms next to one another to be connected. We usually stay at the CBR and have connecting rooms so the kids can run back and forth between us and not have to go outside of the room. They really tend to enjoy this. Anyways, does anyone know if we have the slightest of chance of being connected? If not, any suggestions on what we should do. I know that someone might say get a 2 bedroom or something like that but I don't know. Thanks ahead of time. :mickey: We took advantage of the 40% off deal that is why we chose to stay at the BWV.

LynneM
04-25-2010, 02:54 PM
There are no studios that connect to other studios at any of the DVC resorts. That room configuration doesn't exist.

Studios would only connect to one-bedroom villas, to make a two-bedroom villa.

It would be possible to request two studios that are near each other, if that would suit your needs. But, if you don't want the kids going out into the hallway to go from room to room, you'll need a two-bedroom villa, which would also get you a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

Now, if you were to stay at BLT or AKV, you could get a 1-bedroom villa that sleeps 5 plus one child under the age of three. That would likely be a good bit less expensive than a 2 BDR at BWV, but IMO, it would be unpleasantly crowded. You'd have one king bed in the master bedroom, a sofa bed and a sleeper chair in the living room, and a pack-n-play for the baby.

If you went for the two bedroom villa at BWV, you'd a have a king in the master bedroom, a sofabed in the living room, and either two queens or a queen and a sofabed in the second bedroom.

ThanxForNoticin
04-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm 99% sure there are no connected studios at the DVC resorts. If you want to be in one 'connected' unit, you'll need to get the 2 BR Villa. Else, the best you can probably do, is get studios that are located physically close to each other. But that won't allow your kids to move back and forth. A 2 BR is a large jump in cost from 2 studios, but it does offer a lot of advantages - like much more room, a full living room and kitchen, a large master bedroom, a washer/dryer in the room, among other things. Good luck with your decision. Hope you have a great trip!

edwards2301
04-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Thank you for the information. I will have to talk with DM and DD and see what they would like to do. I doubt we could still get the 40% off rate that we got in March. That deadline is way past. If we wanted to try to get a two-bedroom at the BWV. Anyone else have any input let me know I could use the help.
:mickey:

southerngirl
04-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Have you considered a one bedroom villa? We're booked in one for the end of July for four nights. The travel party for our trip is DH, DS(2), my FIL and MIL and me (so four adults and one child). We have been assured that the one bedroom is more than enough room for all of us. I realize you have one additional child, but if you're not going to spend a ton of time in the room, you might be able to make a one bedroom work. You could put the baby in the pack and play in the master bedroom, and then your five year old could sleep either in the king sized bed with you or on the sleeper chair in the living room. Your parents could sleep on the pull out couch. It might not be the most ideal situation, but it's a lot less expensive than a 2 bedroom villa. Plus, you'd have more common space than with two studios, and you'd have a full kitchen and dining area.

edwards2301
05-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I just called today and the one-br are all booked so I inquired about cbr and they have two rooms available. If we did this change we would save about $800. We really had our hearts on bwv since we usually stay at cbr but if our chances of not being too close to one another are high we would rather move to another.

Pirate Granny
05-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Just be careful...they will not guarantee a connecting room in any resort...only time it may be guaranteed is if there are only kids in that room...ie...parents w/one child in one room and four (or three) children under 18 in the other room...
We had a grand gathering and requested two connecting rooms and two adjoining rooms (close by) and they were not even going to put us in the same BLDG...did I throw a fit, like only I can do...after a day loss at the parks and having to check out of our rooms...the Supervisor found us two connecting rooms on the first floor (we didn't care what building or what floor) and two other connecting rooms about twenty rooms down...and after I complained to guest relations (in writing after we got home), the very nice lady sent me two one day hopper passes...since we missed an entire day at the park straighten this out...and we didn't arrive until 5pm and stayed up until 1am trying to straighten out and then they made us call the supervisor at 6am...what a day...I'm still tired thinking about it...but it worked out.
:pirate:

TammiMcMan
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
As PirateGranny pointed out, connecting rooms are never guaranteed, so even switching to CBR, there's still a chance they couldn't accommodate your request. Personally, I would stick with the BWV and add a request for rooms near each other. I think the resort itself and the location far out weigh the inconvenience of not having a connecting room.