PDA

View Full Version : Day 10 (April 19) 30th Wedding Anniversary Disney Trip – Monday – Departure day (SAD)

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 02:25 AM
We slept in that morning until about 8:30am and decided to skip breakfast. We finished the last minute packing of toiletries and about 9:30 called bell services to take our luggage to the airline check-in area of our resort. That was so smooth….only took about 5 minutes and we were done with that. We left our one carryon bag with the luggage room since we were going to Downtown Disney to kill time while we waited for Magical Express to pick us up at 1:30. We decided to use our last counter service meals for lunch at Wolfgang Pucks. The food was great. I had sphaghetti and meatballs and my husband had the chicken alfredo. Then we caught a boat back to POR to pick up our carryon from bell services and then wait for our bus. While we were waiting we had a cast member take numerous pictures of us in front of the main building....and took more pictures of various areas of the resort. The magical express bus got off for the airport right on time and we got to the airport early and were able to do a bit more shopping and used the last of our Disney Reward dollars at the Disney Earport store. The plane was scheduled to leave right on time at 4:34 but a storm moved in just as we were getting ready to take off so we ended up sitting on the plane for 1 ˝ hours at the gate waiting for the lightning to stop. Other than that it was an uneventful trip home. Now the down side……..as we were sitting on the plane I was getting a bit short of breath and fighting the urge to cough….just thought maybe it was due to the air system on the plane. Later that night I realized that I was coming down with a cold…and boy is it one nasty cold!! Sure glad I waited to get sick with the cold until after I was back home. I went to the doctor on Thursday and was given antibiotics for my cold and also had her look at my rash and amazingly she believes that I have developed an allergy to my sunscreen and had that along with the photosensitivity reaction. After all these years using the same sunscreen it looks like I will be looking for another sunscreen now. She checked out all my bumps and bruises from the fall and said that nothing was broken but I did have a badly sprained knee. While we are sad to have had to leave Disneyworld we are SO glad to be back home too....can't wait till our next trip!

mouseketeer mom
04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
I enjoyed your reports this morning over coffee. I felt for you with your rash. I was in WDW two weeks ago and developed a rash as well. I couldn't figure out what it was from until I got home, ( a new scent I picked up to wear on our trip)..but it haunted me the whole trip. Plus, I got 3 stings while sitting on our patio at the Poly, on top of a mild sunburn..so I felt for you as I read about your skin troubles!!! Sounds like a magical anniversary, thank you so much for making my morning! What a special trip it was!

dtootsie42
04-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks so very much for sharing your trip. I truly enjoyed reading about your wonderful adventures. Sorry about the rash, that can be a bummer but you were a real trooper and did not let it slow you down a bit. Once again happy, happy 30th anniversary!

Fairy Grandmother
04-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I enjoyed reading your reports very much. I LOVE that you put all your days up at the same time so there was no delay in reading them.

Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary! I hope you have many more wonderful anniversaries and find magical ways to celebrate them.:mickey:

faline
04-25-2010, 04:30 PM
With all you went through with the rash and falling, it really feels unfair you also ended up with a bad cold! Glad it waited until you were home to develop!

Thanks for your reports. I've enjoyed reading them!

forever a child
04-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Enjoyed your trip reports! Thank you for sharing. I am sorry about your rash and fall. My DD has had rashes due to sunscreen and I had problems due to meds and sun exposure, neither of which are fun! But it looks like you still had a wonderful time. Enjoyed hearing how you used snack credits and your meals.
Thanks again!:mickey:

elorac
04-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Congratulations on your 30th anniversary! I cannot think of a better way to celebrate than at WDW!! :mickey: Sorry your trip ended on a sick note but at least it was on your way home and not the other way around... A few years back, I too caught a nasty bug on our flight to Vegas. Unfortunately, I was sicker than a dog for our entire trip. :sick: Now I load up on my vitamins ahead of time and get plenty of sleep. :)

yjgirl32
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Glad to hear you had a good anniversary trip- except for that unfortunate fall and the rash. Hope you feel better.

DizNee143
04-26-2010, 11:33 AM
over all it sounds like you guys had a great anniversary trip! it stinks you had to deal with that fall and the mystery rash..thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! :mickey:

Pocahontas
04-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I've enjoyed reading all your trip reports. It sounded like you had a really great time in spite of the medical problems. Sorry to hear you got a bad cold upon returning home, but like you said, better to get it once home than while still on vacation.

Thanks again for sharing!:mickey:

KylesMom
04-28-2010, 08:48 AM
With the exception of the flight delay, your last day at Downtown Disney sounds like a good one.

Thanks for sharing all the great details - even the ouchy ones - for us. It's been a great 30th Anniversary! :mickey:

vizsla
04-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for all the great Reports! :smickey: