PDA

View Full Version : Day 9 (April 18) 30th Wedding Anniversary Disney Trip – Sunday

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 02:14 AM
It rained all day but this was okay because we had already decided that it would be a very laid back kind of day. First we had breakfast at Riverside Mill and then walked around Port Orleans Riverside and explored a bit…especially the alligator bayou section that we had never seen before. We loved that even though it was raining we really did not get wet due to all the trees sheltering us and the protection they provided. We managed to find a mousekeeper who was cleaning a corner room after someone had checked out of and asked if we could take a peek at it. We absolutely loved it and it is our new favorite place to stay….we will be staying there on our next trip. Then we grabbed a boat to downtown Disney to do some last minute shopping. On the way back we decided to stop off at French Quarter again for a snack of beignets and then back to our room to start packing and take a quick nap. That evening……even though it was raining we headed out to Magic Kingdom for our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern….the food was wonderful and we got a table right next to a window so that was enjoyable. After dinner we walked around a bit….took in the Hall of President’s program. Since we had bypassed watching Wishes and Spectromagic a few days earlier we knew we HAD to watch them that night....I mean....who goes to Disneyworld and misses those two shows....we certainly couldn't even it was raining steadily that night. So we looked for a good place on Main Street to watch Spectromagic and found one under a small tree in front of one of the Emporium doors. After that we went to take a look at our photopass pictures and asked them to put all of the pictures on both of our cards (a tip one of the photopass photographers had given us). Good thing we did that because we could not access any of the pictures on one of the cards when we tried to register it on the photopass website-it said it was an invalid number. We had not seen any photopass photographers that evening so we had them check to see where they were located and then went to get some pictures with the castle lit up behind us. After that my husband spotted some space on the upper level of the train station so we went there to watch Wishes....not as good as if we had been closer but at least we got to see it and there was a roof over us which kept us dry while we watched. At first that night it was pretty miserable because it rained the entire time and the hood of our ponchos would not stay up because it was a bit breezy out and they kept blowing off but we picked up on something we saw a gentleman doing and my husband put his hood up and then put his ball cap on over it which kept everything in place….I did the same with my sun visor. Walking around in the rain was not bad at all after that because our heads and faces were finally staying dry. Again it was very late when we got back to our room but since most all of our packing was already done we went right to bed and got a good night's sleep. We are assuming that the teenagers had left because it was quiet that evening.

faline
04-25-2010, 04:24 PM
You certainly made the most of your rainy day!

elorac
04-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Sounds like you had a real nice, slow paced day. What a great vacation you two had!

yjgirl32
04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Glad to hear you got to watch wishes and stay dry. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-26-2010, 11:28 AM
sounds like you guys had a good rain day! definitely managed to do alot! :mickey:

Pocahontas
04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Good for you not letting a little rain ruin your day!

KylesMom
04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
How cool that you were actually able to see a room in Alligator Bayou & you now have plans to stay here next trip. Perfect timing for that one!

You're right - you can't go to Disney without seeing Spectro & Wishes!!! :mickey: It sounds like your viewing spot wasn't half bad, either.

I'm sorry to see your trip coming to an end!

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: