PDA

View Full Version : Day 8 (April 17) 30th Wedding Anniversary Disney Trip – Saturday

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 01:46 AM
We had 8:30am ADR’s for Chef Mickey’s and it was great…..lots of character interaction there so was a lot of fun. Then it was off to Magic Kingdom where I stopped at the first aid station and the nurse there gave me some packets of caladryl gel which really helped my rash and itch. She felt it could be either a photosensitivity reaction or an allergy to the sunscreen or even possibly both. We were able to get quite a bit done that day…..jungle cruise, transit of tomorrow, tomorrowland speedway, the carousel……and lots of shopping….for our snack that day we split a pretzel and a container of celery and carrot sticks both are snack credits) then back to our room for a nap. Later that evening we went back to Columbia harbor house at MK for dinner (ate upstairs where only about 4 or 5 tables were in use whereas the downstairs area was an absolute zoo). We had a table by a window overlooking the lake and could see the riverboat going by at intervals. We could also see the floating bridge on the island and were quite amused at the antics of some of the people trying to walk across the bridge. Then we headed out to Hollywood Studios for shopping and to try to catch Fantasmic. There was standing room only for the 8:30pm show so we walked around a bit and then went back for the 10pm show….this was the first time we had ever seen Fantasmic and we were both very impressed. It was probably 11:30 before we got back to our hotel so we were very tired but there was no getting right to sleep….we had large groups of high school seniors staying at the back side of our building but they liked to congregate at the front of our building along the river and were quite noisy. In fact we had dealt with it several nights but that night it was particularly bad.

faline
04-25-2010, 04:22 PM
You're certainly making the rounds of the character breakfasts! Sorry about the noise outside your room. I might have called the front desk to report it if it continued to be a problem!

elorac
04-26-2010, 12:14 AM
I bet you were tired...I think this was your longest day so far. ;)

yjgirl32
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
I oved Chef Mickey's- so much fun.

DizNee143
04-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Chef Mickeys is one of my favorites!
sounds like you guys again had a really nice day..very long day! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-26-2010, 01:45 PM
You sure packed a lot of steps into today! I'm awful partial to Chef Mickey's - it sounds like the interaction from all the characters at your breakfasts have been spot-on.

I'm glad that there was room at the 10:00 show of Fantasmic - isn't it spectacular?!!! I hope you're going to be able to sleep in tomorrow after this late night, especially with the noisemakers around your building! :(

Genie1953
04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
You know I forgot to mention one of the coolest things that we witnessed during our stay at Disneyworld.....that evening we were standing on the main street of Hollywood Studios waiting to get our picture taken in front of the Sorcerer's hat and I noticed a young couple waiting in line in front of us (actually it was just us and them waiting). They were so loving...hugging, cuddling, kissing each other while waiting....they were adorable and I assumed they were newlyweds. My husband was taking in the sights around us while waiting and as we stood there waiting for our turn they took position for their picture.....all of a sudden the young man turned to the girl...gave her a hug and kissed her and dropped to one knee and pulled out a ring and said "Will you marry me?" I just stood there pointing and saying "Oh look, Oh look, Oh look, Oh look" with my husband trying to figure out what in the world I was talking about....then he saw it too and we began applauding and others began noticing also. The young lady just kept saying...."No...really?....no....really?....are you serious?....yes....yes....YES....YES... all the while looking at the beautiful engagement ring he had just put on her finger as if she just couldn't quite believe it all. The photographer just kept saying over and over "Well I'll be...that is a first for me." He told the young man not to lose his photopass card to which the young man replied "Oh don't worry I already took a picture of the back of it with my cell phone and also with my camera at home just so I would still have the card number in case I DID lose it. We saw them a short while later arms locked around each other's waists and the hugging and kissing was still going on every few steps they took. It was just one of the most special moments I had ever witnessed at Disneyworld and was so special. It took a while before my tears quit. We have pictures of us taken a few minutes later in that very spot where he proposed to her and my eyes were still shiney with tears when our picture was taken...defnitely a moment I will always remember. Brings tears to my eyes even now as I think about it.

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: