PDA

View Full Version : Day 7 (April 16) 30th Wedding Anniversary Disney Trip – Friday

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 01:37 AM
We had ADR’s at Cape May breakfast at the Beach Club resort. We had caught the bus to Hollywood Studios with the thought that we would take a boat to the Beach Club resort…this was what we had been told. When we got there everyone got off except for an older woman in a wheelchair on the bus with her daughter. I stopped and asked the bus driver which direction to get to the boat dock and was shocked when he told us the boat doesn’t start until 9am…Our ADR was for 8:35…..but then he told us to have a seat….said he was taking the older woman and her daughter over there and we could just ride along with them. So we made it to the restaurant with plenty of time to spare. We thought the food was good but again not as good as the food at Crystal Palace. Before we left they brought us a cupcake with candles and announced to everyone that we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with a trip to Disneyworld and everyone congratulated us…..that was very nice. We had eaten about half of the cupcake when we realized that we forgot to take a picture of it. My husband cleverly put the candles back in it and turned the cupcake so the untouched side was visible and I took a picture….when we look at that picture today we can’t even tell that it was half gone when we took the picture. After breakfast we walked around the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin resorts as we had never seen them…..then it was off to EPCOT by way of the International Gateway. At EPCOT we walked around the world showcase a bit and took in the ride at Mexico and then visited the facility where all the horticulture presentations were being done and sat through a couple of them as well as the Making of the Flower and Garden Festival film. By then we were pretty tired as we had done a lot of walking around so it was back to the resort with a stop off at Port Orleans French Quarter for a snack of beignets before heading to our resort for a very quick nap. We had reservations for Wilderness Canyon Café that night so went very early and stopped off first at Fort Wilderness…we explored it a bit by taking the buses on the Fort Wilderness inter-resort bus system to see as much of it as we could. We were very impressed as we plan to buy an RV when we retire and will probably be staying there a lot. Then we took the boat over to Wilderness Lodge to explore it before dinner. That is such a pretty resort! We absolutely loved dinner at Wilderness Canyon Café where we had the skillet dinner. We had a great waiter. I think his name was Geno or Jeno or something along those lines. He kept things hopping for everyone he was waiting on that evening….kept cracking jokes….teased me about being difficult when I asked for a straw and then threw 3 of them at me….saw my husband trying to wipe his face while eating ribs….and snatched up a napkin and reached around and tucked it around my husband’s neck announcing that he had to do everything for him since he was making such a mess. We were all laughing at Geno’s antics. We got such a kick out of everyone asking for ketchup and also the crayons for the kids and then watching everyone scramble to get them to the appropriate tables. When we were just about finished eating Geno walked over to us with 2 glasses of champagne and asked us to please stand up and announced to everyone that we had celebrated our 30th anniversary earlier that week and asked everyone to toast us and then congratulated us…..he finished up by asking us to kiss while he counted down from 10…..of course we were happy to oblige….but the problem was his method of counting down was……10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6………of course we finally realized what he was doing and started laughing so hard we could hardly stop. All in all it was a wonderful night and anyone who gets that guy for a waiter is due for a treat as he is very competent….very funny…..and so attentive….and just an all around good guy. I think we gave him a 25+% tip because he was so good. The only downside to the evening was the boat ride back to the contemporary so we could get a monorail to Magic Kingdom where we were going to catch a bus to our hotel. It was very cold out on the lake that night with the wind blowing. The pilot of the boat had to wait out on the lake for a spot to open up at the dock…..finally a spot opened up and that guy tried numerous times to dock on that side of the dock but couldn’t do it so back out on the lake we went to wait for the spot on the other side of the dock to open up. I think we were out on that lake with an extremely cold wind blowing on us as we sat on the completely open-air boat for around 25-30 minutes. We were so cold and all the bruises on me from my fall 2 nights earlier were just aching…..finally we were able to catch the monorail and since I was still pretty itchy we decided to make a stop at the Grand Victorian at the Basin shop there and decided to go ahead and pick up a bar of the oatmeal based soap….figured it couldn’t possibly make my skin any worse than it already was. Then it was back to Magic Kingdom to catch a bus to our resort where I took a nice long warm shower with the oat soap….this did sooth my rash quite a bit and I was able to get some sleep.

faline
04-25-2010, 04:17 PM
The servers at Whispering Canyon can be lots of fun! You certainly got your share of attention at this spot!

Glad to hear the itchiness has eased up a bit for you!

elorac
04-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Aaaah...the magic of Basin. Nice to hear you finally got a little relief for your itchy skin.

yjgirl32
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I am hoping to try the Wipering Cano on our next trip. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
that was so nice of the bus driver to do that for you this morning!!
sounds like you guys once again had a good day!
WCC is alot of fun..went there for my first time on our visit last year! so much fun and really good food!:mickey:

Pocahontas
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Sounds like it was a nice day. I also love Whispering Canyon and always have a lot of laughs when I'm there.

KylesMom
04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree - that was totally awesome of the bus driver to drop you directly at your end destination!

I must comment on all of the wonderful dining you have enjoyed thus far. You've got a nice mix, and most of them are on our must do list. Very nice - especially with the extra special attention you're receiving!

Glad you've got something for that itch - hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Thanks for sharing another busy but good day! :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: