PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 (April 13) 30th Wedding Anniversary Disney Trip – Tuesday

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Tuesday was another EPCOT day. I had signed us up for the Gardens of the World walking tour. It was an anniversary gift to my husband who works for the National Cemetery Administration as a caretaker and helps with alot of the gardening. He was so surprised! The tour was wonderful. It was a three hour walking tour from 9am-12n and our guide was Tracy who was a Disney Horticulturist (has been with Disney for 10 years following an internship with Disneyworld). She was great, but boy were our feet sore after being on them for 3 hours! That tour was fascinating and we learned so much! When it was over we could barely walk but did make it over to France and used our snack credits for a Ham and Cheese Croissant and took a rest while we were eating. Then we managed to take in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids attraction which we enjoyed but the intro was NOT fun as it required standing and watching the intro film over and over and over and our feet were already hurting so badly from the 3 hour walking tour. Then we walked over to the facility for the Gardening presentations to check them out. After that we headed back to the hotel for a rest. Later that evening we had reservations at Le Cellier so it was back to EPCOT. We can definitely understand why Le Cellier is so popular. Our steaks were amazing. After we ate we started looking for a place to watch Illuminations and found a perfect place close to Japan where we were able to sit on the ground away from the main walkway. It was my husband’s first time seeing Illuminations and he loved it. That evening I was pretty miserable as I was even more red (even though I used tons of sunscreen) and now I had a raised rash that was pretty itchy. My first thought was that I might have developed an allergy to the sunscreen that I have used for years so the next day I decided NOT to use sunscreen since the rash seemed to be getting worse.

faline
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Your tour sounds amazing! The problems with sunburn and rash do not! I've had similar problems in the past and found that switching sunscreens really did help.

elorac
04-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your sunburn and resulting rash. Maybe your sunscreen is old/expired?? Glad to hear you loved Le Cellier too...amazing steaks indeed!

yjgirl32
04-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Glad to hear you had a great tour- was thinking about tha tour for my aunt who had lived on a farm for many years and still keeps a garden- but not sure about all the walking. SOrry to hear about your sunburn.

DizNee143
04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
another great day at epcot!
that tour you did today sounds very interesting..i actually never heard of it..ill have to look into it!
i LOVE illuminations..im glad you guys were able to watch it tonight!:mickey:

KylesMom
04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
What a wonderful surprise for your DH . . . even though there was a lot of walking involved, the tour sure sounds enjoyable.

LeCellier is among our favorites - glad you enjoyed it as well as Illuminations afterward! I'm sorry to hear your sunburn is getting worse, though! :(

Genie1953
04-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Glad to hear you had a great tour- was thinking about tha tour for my aunt who had lived on a farm for many years and still keeps a garden- but not sure about all the walking. SOrry to hear about your sunburn.

We had 12 persons in our group.....all were able to walk...but you know I wonder if they would allow a scooter to be used for the tour. It WAS alot of walking but so worth it!

another great day at epcot!
that tour you did today sounds very interesting..i actually never heard of it..ill have to look into it!
i LOVE illuminations..im glad you guys were able to watch it tonight!:mickey:

The Gardens of the World tour information was in an information box on the Flower and Garden festival guide but I had already read about it here on Intercot and then later in last year's flower and garden festival guide. Boy was it hard to keep it a secret from him all year all the while hoping they wouldn't take it out of the program for this year! It cost $59 per person but we absolutely loved it and felt it was worth the price.

What a wonderful surprise for your DH . . . even though there was a lot of walking involved, the tour sure sounds enjoyable.

LeCellier is among our favorites - glad you enjoyed it as well as Illuminations afterward! I'm sorry to hear your sunburn is getting worse, though! :(

He was so surprised when I told him about the tour that morning. He absolutely loved it and has said that it was the highlight of the entire trip.

vizsla
05-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the Report! Sorry about the sunburn. :smickey: