PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 (April 12) 30th Wedding Anniversary Disney Trip – Monday - Our actual Anniversa

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 01:09 AM
We had 8am ADR’s at 1900 Park Fare so were up early that morning. Had to wait a bit for our reservation but maybe only 20 minutes. While the food and atmosphere was good we thought both the food and the service at Crystal Palace were much better. However we liked that we could actually talk to Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland and got our pictures taken with them. After that we were off to Magic Kingdom for the day. We could not believe how heavy the crowds were especially since extra magic hours were the evening before...but even with the crowds we were still able to do quite a bit with very little wait. First we did the train and got off at Toontown and finally saw Mickey and Minnie’s houses for the first time. I absolutely loved that! At precisely 11am we were at the castle getting a picture of us standing at the wishing well and another picture on the bridge to the right side of the castle with the castle in the background. These pictures are special because our wedding had taken place at 11am exactly 30 years ago that day. Then we did Mickey’s Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Liberty Bell, Big Thunder Mountain. Our snack for that day was a pretzel and water that we had brought to the park with us. Then it was off to Port Orleans for a rest…we laid out by the pool. It was difficult to go for a swim as we had a mama duck with her ducklings swimming in the quiet pool next to our building. She did not appreciate humans in the pool at all. After a while we headed to our room for a nap. We had dinner at Coral Reef that evening and the views were spectacular…..we were seated about 4 feet from the aquarium window. The food was fabulous. We had the appetizers for two which was great. I had the Mahi Mahi while my husband had the Red Snapper. We were very tired so did not stay for Illuminations that night and headed back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep. I had quite a bit of trouble getting to sleep though because I had gotten a bit more sunburned even though I had used sunscreen that day and it was a bit itchy (which is normal for me).

dtootsie42
04-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Happy, Happy 30th Anniversary! I got teary eyed while reading what you did at 11 am....what a wonderful idea!

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge
Next Trip Nov. 2010 Disneyland

faline
04-25-2010, 03:56 PM
What a wonderful way to remember the moment you were married! Coral Reef is an excellent spot for an anniversary celebration! Glad you got such great seating there!

elorac
04-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Happy 30th to you both! What a lovely way to celebrate all of your years together...

:congrats:

yjgirl32
04-26-2010, 09:23 AM
I can't think of a better way to spend an anniversary. Congrats!

DizNee143
04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
what a wonderful way to spend your anniversary! :mickey:

Pocahontas
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
What a great anniversary!:thumbsup:

I feel for you with the sunburn.:( I also use sunscreen, but still seem to end up with a sunburn. I have found that using the sports sunscreens (waterproof and sweatproof) with high spf's have done a better job for me.

KylesMom
04-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Happy Anniversary! What a great day filled with new memories to look back on for your 50th!. :D Definitely sampled some tasty meals, too.

Goodness, I hope your sunburn doesn't get any worse! Thanks for sharing yet another fab day. :mickey:

Genie1953
04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Yep...spending our 30th wedding anniversary at Disneyworld was definitely wonderful....and we loved getting our picture taken at 11am over by the wishing well and castle. The only thing that would have made it better would have been having our kids, their spouses, and our grandkids with us! That was not to be, however, because our oldest daughter, whose entire family also loves Disneyworld, is an accountant and obviously April is an extremely busy month for accountants...plus her children were in school and her husband is getting ready to deploy. Our middle child went to Disneyworld back in 1998 with the high school band and doesn't feel a need or a desire to return and our youngest doesn't have any interest either although his talking Mickey Mouse and he were inseparable when he was a child. You know I keep wondering if these last two kids were switched at birth or something :D. I mean...go figure.....two of MY kids NOT be interested in Disney! :confused:

vizsla
04-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the Report! Happy Anniversary! :smickey: