PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 (April 11) 30th Wedding Anniversary Disney Trip – Sunday

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 01:03 AM
We had 8:05 ADR’s for Crystal Palace breakfast which meant we had to be at the front desk to check out and then check back in for the rest of our stay….they had already arranged for us to stay in the same room so that was great. In order to get all this done and get to our reservations on time we had to be at the front desk right at 7am to do the checkout/checkin process and still make it to our ADR. We were among the first persons in the park and there was a photopass photographer available to get our picture at the entrance with the castle in the background. Crystal Palace was wonderful…our waitress was Gwen…..she was absolutely wonderful too! We were shown to our table and she had sprinkled Mickey shaped foil confetti on the table in a heart shape and before we did anything she offered to take a picture of us sitting at our table and included the heart in the picture. She was very attentive throughout the meal. The food was great. I especially enjoyed all the melon and berries that were available. We had pictures taken with all of the Pooh characters. When we were getting ready to leave I stepped into the restroom and while I was gone Gwen came with a little zip lock bag and placed all the mickey confetti from the heart shape in it and had given it to my husband as a souvenir for me. Then it was off to EPCOT for the day. We were able to get fast passes for Soarin and while we waited we did the Nemo ride and then did the “Behind the Seeds” walking tour……the tour was absolutely fascinating. We learned so much from that. Then it was off to Soarin for our first time ever. We loved it. Then we took a walk around the world showcase. Our “snack” for that day was apple dumplings which were delicious. Then it was more walking around the world showcase and by that time we were pretty tired so we decided to just do an early dinner at Sunshine seasons and then call it a night….I had the salmon and my husband had the pork chop….both were great. Then it was back to our room for a much needed good night’s sleep. I discovered that I also had a bit of a sunburn…..not surprising because I am very fair and burn easily even though I use sunscreen.

faline
04-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Isn't it fun when the cast members help you celebrate a special occasion! And, before I forget again, happy anniversary to both of you! It's quite an accomplishment to be married for 30 years!

We did the Behind the Seeds Tour about a year ago - when the ride was down for refurb. We also found it quite interesting!

elorac
04-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Another great day on your anniversary trip!

yjgirl32
04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
zwe got that heart- it was our anniversary. Very cute. great report. thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
aww what a great breakfast you guys had!
sounds like you had a really nice time at Epcot! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm glad that "check out/check in" went smoothly and that you were able to make your ADR. That's just plain cool that a FP photographer snapped a photo in front of the castle with Main Street being deserted. Neat! Happy to hear that your CP breakfast was a hit & that the rest of your day at Epcot was enjoyable. Thanks for sharing another good day! :mickey:

Genie1953
04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
We loved Crystal Palace and will definitely eat there again on our next trip. We loved EPCOT.....has always been my favorite park but it was even more special seeing it during the Flower and Garden Festival!

vizsla
04-27-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: