PDA

View Full Version : How 'in the World' do we book this?

Briansmom
04-24-2010, 11:33 PM
So, I am thinking of planning a trip for September of this year however my DS22 daughter maybe getting a teaching position for this coming year and would not be able to go the entire trip with us because of being a new teacher and having no extra vacation days. I'm thinking of her driving down with us and then flying home before we do so she can get back to school. We would arrive early on a Saturday morning and she would have to leave Monday nite (this is Labor Day weekend). She would be staying in the same room with us. How do we book something like this? I have tried to figure out the cost on the Disney site but can't figure out a way to do it. I cant figure her by herself cuz it will figure a separate room for her but I cant figure two stays (one for two nites for all of us; and then one for the remainder of the days for three of us- me, DH, DS11) because the ticket prices wouldnt be right. I think I am just being stupid because this is making my head hurt. :doh:

Question 2: She can use ME with just a one way ticket, correct? I think I am reading it correctly that she could.

As always....THANKS! :mickey:

peemagg
04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Yes she can use DME.

I think what you might have to do is call and reserve for all of you for the 2 days and then again for the rest of the trip for the rest of you. Kind of 2 separate reservations. It won't be as hard as you think. Just call and the people at reservations should know how to set this up for you.

Alaska Disney Fan
04-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Contact Magical Journeys, they can take care of your questions and do the booking for you. They will also keep you informed if any specials come up.

Fangorn
04-25-2010, 12:07 PM
The simplest thing is to cal Magical Journeys and let them handle it.

But We've done similar things before and it's not that difficult.

Just make a reservation with everyone EXCEPT your daughter on the reservation. Since she'll be driving with you, she won't need DME to get to the resort. When you check-in, you can add her to the reservation for the number of nights she'll be there. Once she's been added to the reservation, you can call DME directly and make the arrangements for her to take DME back to the airport.

When you make a package reservation, everyone on the reservation has to have the same package (number of days tickets, DDP). Once you check-in, those restrictions go away and additional guests can have whatever they like. You will have to pay an extra fee per day for an additional adult in the room, but only for the number of days she's there.

I've done it several times and I've never had a problem. Just remember that if she's going to take DME to the airport, she WILL need to call DME directly and set that up.

Steve

Pirate Granny
04-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I guess we've never really gotten a 'package'...but one of our daughters always only stays a few days...sometimes at the beginning, some at the end...and one time in the middle...Magical Journeys, Terrisue always handles for us...
Once we had a Disney wedding to attend, and the GF did insist that the DD check out with them and hand in her room key...so that they would take the additional cost for an extra adult off the room...the only time we've been asked...was the only time we booked with Disney.
Never had an issue with Magic Express...HOWEVER, I thought they they had to have ten days notification for you to get a reservation...which is another reason to use MJ...they will handle.
:pirate:

Jeri Lynn
04-26-2010, 06:33 AM
My first thought was also to contact Magical Journey's!! :mickey:

DizneyRox
04-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I too would suggest MJ. Unless you ask just the right questions, you will probably not get the cheapest advice directly from Disney.

starrmomof2
04-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Oh, you turkey, you're still going to beat me back to the World, aren't you??
I hope you get it all worked out and can go, esp hoping DD gets the job she wants.
:tink: