PDA

View Full Version : Preferred room at CBR

JoDisney
04-24-2010, 08:03 PM
What are the preferred rooms at the CBR? I see POR and POFQ do not have preferred rooms. Why is that? POP and values have preferred rooms.

Pirate Granny
04-24-2010, 09:07 PM
There are preferred rooms at FQ...they are in bldg #5 and #2.
:pirate:

Lily
04-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Martinique and Trinidad North are preferred locations at CBR.

wdw538884
04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Just me, but since I have no children, I avoid the preferred buildings when staying on property. Gets too congested with families, plus I actually love being away from everything, and having to walk thru all the theming. Am I crazy?:cool:

JoDisney
04-25-2010, 02:31 PM
We were told that POFQ and POR only have standard and waterview rooms. You cannot book a preferred room at these resorts. Yes, you can request Bldg. 5 or 2 in POFQ BUT they are not guaranteed. You cannot book a preferred bldg at these two resorts.
Now, you can book a preferred room at CBR which is either will be Martinique or North Trinidad.
We are booking a preferred room because of a medical need in our party. We enjoy the walking, too. But this vacation we are in need of a preferred room.

JoDisney
04-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Thank you Lily! Let me know how you April trip is at CBR. Have fun!

CleveRocks
04-26-2010, 11:33 AM
There are preferred rooms at FQ...they are in bldg #5 and #2.
:pirate:

This is not accurate. There is no such room category as "preferred" or "preferred location" at Port Orleans French Quarter, or at Port Orleans Riverside, or at Coronado Springs, for that matter. Caribbean Beach Resort is THE ONLY Moderate resort that has a "preferred" booking category.

You might be confusing it with "water view." In Disney'speak, "water view" and "preferred" are very very different things. And at POFQ, by the way, buildings 2 and 5 are not the only POFQ buildings that have water view rooms ... they're the only ones with water view rooms that have a view of the POOL, but buildings 1, 6 and 7 have some rooms that have a view of the river (as do 2 and 5) and those rooms are also in Disney's Moderate resorts' "water view" booking category.

CleveRocks
04-26-2010, 11:40 AM
What are the preferred rooms at the CBR? I see POR and POFQ do not have preferred rooms. Why is that? POP and values have preferred rooms.

At CBR, the room category "preferred location" has a very specific meaning. CBR has 33 guest room buildings. The six of them that are the closest to Old Port Royale are in the "preferred location" booking category ... EVERY room in each of those six buildings.

Those buildings are Trinidad North 31, 32 & 33, and Martinique 24, 25 & 26. Trinidad North has only three buildings in the entire village, so therefore all of Trinidad North is preferred location. But Martinique has six buildings, and only three of them are preferred location.

Old Port Royale is the complex that has the food court, restaurant, main pool, shops, arcade, etc. CBR is a very large and spread out resort, and that's why Disney charges more for guests who want to guarantee themselves a shorter walk.

But LOCATION is the only thing that makes a preferred location room "preferred" ... that is, the interior of the room is identical to every other room, the amenities inside the room are no different than in a standard room.

Disney simply doesn't offer this room category at the other 3 Moderate resorts. POFQ is relatively tiny, so there's no real need for it there. POR is pretty large, but the "main building" is more centrally located among the guest buildings than at CBR, so they don't really need preferred location there. CSR has a unique layout in that the main pool is in a totally separate area than the food outlets, so it would be tough to distinguish exactly what a prime location at CSR is ... being closer to the pool or to the food? So they don't have it there, either.