PDA

View Full Version : POR-Trundle Bed

Rekenna
04-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi Guys!:mickey:

So, hoping to get to stay at POR, for the first time, later this year. Quick question, does anyone have a pic of the trundle beds at the Alligator Bayou section? (Hoping sharing pics is allowed here).

I understand that all the trundle bed rooms are in Alligator Bayou. Is it difficult to get a room in this area? I'm sure it's a "request only" thing. We have 3 DS, DS11, DS4, DS2-so technically we are 4 and not 5 (since DS2 is "Free"). But, a trundle bed room would work splendidly for us-I think.

So if anyone has any pics it would be greatly appreciated-are the beds the wooden log ones in the Alligator Bayou section that I have seen pics of on the WDW website? The mansion section looks very pretty, but if we could swing the trundle bed room, that would be great.

Thanks for your help!

Rekenna
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Duh! Found some pics online, the trundle is small, but would work perfectly for our purposes. Thanks anyways!:mickey:

But, if anyone could answer if it is difficult to get a trundle bed room that would be appreciated.

mook3y
04-24-2010, 11:13 AM
at 6'1 wouldn't work for me, but it works great for kids!

when we stayed there, our niece 5 slept on the trundle and loved it.

elmjimmlm
04-24-2010, 12:03 PM
It's around the same size of a twin maybe just a little smaller... Perfect size for a child... You will love AB... We do!!!:thumbsup:

There is a website for POR... It's not a Disney site but it has tons of photos...PM me if you want the name of it...

crltkcagle
04-24-2010, 01:00 PM
If you can even call it a bed. That trundle bed gets my feather ruffled! Its basically a thin pillow they put on the floor. I think they should do something better with it since you are paying the extra money to stay in a room that accomodates 5 people. Sorry had to vent, its the one thing about Disney that I hate!

Scott C
04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
The trundle worked quite well for my sons--well into their teens

Thanks
Scott C

Rekenna
04-24-2010, 02:12 PM
If you can even call it a bed. That trundle bed gets my feather ruffled! Its basically a thin pillow they put on the floor. I think they should do something better with it since you are paying the extra money to stay in a room that accomodates 5 people. Sorry had to vent, its the one thing about Disney that I hate!

Does it cost more to stay in Alligator Bayou then other rooms at POR?

Fangorn
04-24-2010, 03:04 PM

No. It doesn't cost any more.

Steve

sainter
04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
My daughter still doesn't mind sleeping in it and she is 5' 7" and 22 years old! Of course she is the kind that gets comfy and then I don't think she moves all night!
I have never had a room in AB that didn't have a trundle so I would say no, it is not hard to get one. It doesn't cost extra to stay in AB either.

happy day
04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
My boys would not sleep on it. It pulls out from under another bed, and it is dusty, and the mattress is plastic and very thin and short. It stays attached to the other bed, and it is almost on the floor. It is not very inviting. I think very small children would be okay, but not older children.

crltkcagle
04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
No I was saying that because I would love to be able to stay at ASM but since we are a family of 5 we are limited to where we can stay. I just feel like Disney kind of forces us to stay at a moderate because we are a family of five. But its my only complaint about Disney. I love everything else.

sleepingbooty
04-27-2010, 11:45 AM
We have not had any problems getting a room request in Alligator Bayou. Its pretty simple for them to handle such a broad request as that - some people put a number of requests on their reservations, down to a specific room number.

The trundle works really well for children, but I even slept one night on it - and I was perfectly comfortable. I'm 5'7" by the way, if that gives you any indication. I think my feet hung off the bottom a bit, but I curl up anyway.:blush:

Kaps
04-28-2010, 09:37 AM
It is only really good for a child. My 14 year old is too big for it already.

azcavalier
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
No I was saying that because I would love to be able to stay at ASM but since we are a family of 5 we are limited to where we can stay. I just feel like Disney kind of forces us to stay at a moderate because we are a family of five. But its my only complaint about Disney. I love everything else.

We are also a family of five, and I would love it if Disney had more options for families of 5 or 6 people. Heck, since our kids are still small (well, some of them are), I wouldn't mind seeing them add trundles in some rooms in every moderate resort so that we could have some variety. I don't think that they could do it in the value resorts, because I don't think that there is enough space between the bed and the wall/door for a trundle.

mermaidmarian
04-30-2010, 08:20 AM
My boys would not sleep on it. It pulls out from under another bed, and it is dusty, and the mattress is plastic and very thin and short. It stays attached to the other bed, and it is almost on the floor. It is not very inviting. I think very small children would be okay, but not older children.

Ditto. We stayed in AB one visit and I pulled the trundle out for curiousity's sake. :ack: It is possibly only slightly better than sleeping on the floor.