PDA

View Full Version : Question about GAC

trynkat
04-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Do you need to get a new GAC for every park/day that you visit or can you get one at the beginning of the week and use it for your entire stay at all the parks?

Ropachs
04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Nope, get one on day 1 and use it for your length of stay at all parks.

trynkat
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Awesome! Thanks, Lori!! :D

disneymom2000
05-01-2010, 09:25 PM
What is a GAC? I looked it up under the abbreviations and couldn't find it.:confused:

peemagg
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
GAC= Guest Assistance Card

r4kids
09-11-2010, 05:07 PM
What does this cover exactly? We are taking 2 of our 3 new foster children who are coming from an exceptionally bad situation. They have never been anywhere like Disney and may have an adverse reaction. They are just 2 and just 4, the baby is just 1(staying home). They are very much afraid of men and haven't even approach characters but will be doing a "test run" before visiting. I believe the GAC cards are for diagnosed guests but what about not yet diagnosed? They will be put in intense therapy but I am not sure it will be sufficient for them to act normally before we leave. I don't want to hamper their recovery by exposing them to difficult situations, ie- long lines with crowds, crowds for parades, characters. Is it appropriate for us to use this? I am fine with waiting the appropriate amount of time for parades ( away from the masses), the total time for an attraction, etc but we are unsure in this venue. Any positive help is appreciated!!

peemagg
09-11-2010, 08:05 PM
It might be of help to you, but a "stroller as a wheelchair" tag might be of even more help. It will allow you to keep your stroller with you in lines. With this it will give the kids a space of their own to retreat to. If they need to you can even place a blanket or towel over the stroller so that they really have their own space.

r4kids
09-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Ok that may work! How do we do this, go to guest relations and explain it to them?

peemagg
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Yes, just take the kids to guest relations in the first park you go to and explain that you need a stroller as a wheelchair sticker. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you explain their issues, but not diagnosis.

r4kids
09-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Fantastic thank you so much!! Hopefully this will work :) :pixie:

Ropachs
09-16-2010, 08:47 PM
That's exactly what we did for our daughter, who has Down Syndrome. Just asked for a "red strap" for our stroller. We did bring medical papers incase they wanted to see them, but we didn't need them, the woman helping us was extremely nice.

r4kids
09-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Super, they are heading in for their Phych eval today and will hopefully shed more light on the situation. Then we can determine if anything will be needed for the trip!! Thanks for your replies :)