PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access at POFQ

Gregandmel
04-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Well we are leaving tomorrow morning and my son tells me he is bringing his laptop because he has an assignment for school he's not finished with and will need to e-mail to his professor. I have not taken the time to research internet options at this resort (because I didn't think it would apply to us!!) and although there is some info on "Info Central" on computing at Disney, couldn't really find anything at POFQ. He has a laptop - does anyone know what options he has for internet access so he can e-mail his assignment when he is done? :confused: Thanks for the quick response - you know how it is - all the "last minute" questions right before we leave!!!

faline
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
There is a daily charge for Internet Access - I believe it is close to $10 per night.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Every resort has a wired Ethernet jack in each room, and you can connect to the Internet using this jack at a charge of about $10 for 24 hours of access. The is how it works accrss the entire property.

This assumes that your son's laptio has a wired ethernet jack (some mini computers do not.) There is no WiFi anywhere (much) at WDW.

Gregandmel
04-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Every resort has a wired Ethernet jack in each room, and you can connect to the Internet using this jack at a charge of about $10 for 24 hours of access. The is how it works accrss the entire property.

This assumes that your son's laptio has a wired ethernet jack (some mini computers do not.) There is no WiFi anywhere (much) at WDW.

Is there anything he needs to bring with him (wires of any sort) or are all the wires needed in the room? He has an Apple Mac. Thanks for the quick responses!!!! :thumbsup:

Patricia
04-23-2010, 03:49 PM
I was able to plug my MacBook in using the cables provided in the room at Port Orleans Riverside. The cable was attached to a small tent card on the side table. You can't miss it.

If, by chance, the cable is not already hanging out of the wall, you can find one in the closet in a small bag marked internet. They are very good about selling this service and I have never found the cords or jacks to be hiding.