PDA

View Full Version : Zebras get demoted

Gator
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
On my last two trips, I've noticed that the zebras that used to be on the Kila-Safari ride weren't in their spot anymore and were replaced with rhinos. Well, we were in the front row on our last safari of the trip and I asked the driver, "Where are the zebras?" Just as we got to the rhinos, he pointed far up on a hill at two zebras hidden behind brush and trees. He said that they had "been bad" and had to be moved. I wonder what that means?

Stu29573
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure, but I do know that zebras can really be difficult at times, especially with young zebras. When we went last June, the rhinos were in their spot as well.

TiggeRia
04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
It's true--we took the backstage safari tour last month and this was one of the topics discussed. The zebras were "misbehaving" and had to be separated from the other animals. I'm not sure if they did this at the AKL as well, though.

Gator
04-23-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure if they did this at the AKL as well, though.

That's funny you mention that. Now that I think about it, the Zebras were roaming out with the giraffes at Kidanit Village. Maybe the zebras were kicking the bus at the AK.

WDWdriver
04-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Zebras, whether in the wild or in captivity, can be nasty and dangerous. The AK zebras were isolated after a number of other animals received bites and kicks.

badkitty
04-23-2010, 05:13 PM
A KS driver told me that the zebras were especially mean to the young antelope for no reason at all.