PDA

View Full Version : Does this makes a difference?

Zeike
04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi again! Still planning a november week before thanksgiving trip. Was in the info section and read that if we move our trip to the first week of december we'll get the value season and save some $$$. Is that right? If it is, has anyone been there in early december? what to expect in terms of crowds? Advice please!

Thanks!

Ed!:mickey:

faline
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
The first part of December does fall into value season so room rates will be lower than those dates which fall into regular season.

Early December is one of my favorite times to visit Disney World. All the holiday decorations are up and holiday festivities are in full swing. Crowds are low to moderate. The only glitch is that the weather is iffy at this time of year. You can have lovely weather in the 70's and 80's. You can also hit a cold snap and have weather in the 40's with overnight lows going below freezing. Sometimes, you will get both extremes in the same week.

Early December is when the Pop Warner football championships take place which usually only impacts the resorts - and primarily the value resorts where these groups tend to stay. Parks are mostly unaffected.

The Magic Kingdom is impacted the first weekend in December as that is when the Christmas parade/show is typically filmed.

tdk316
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
We went last December and loved it! The weather was great (especially coming from the upper-Midwest) and the crowds were very manageable. I'd recommend it.

disneymom15
04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
We were there last year (Sunday after Thanksgiving til Friday) during that time frame. We've been in Dec many times. As mentioned, weather can vary. We've had it all, from 40's to upper 80's. Crowd's were not to bad. I love Disney at X-mas.

PinkTink
04-23-2010, 03:44 PM
We only go during value season for 2 reasons - crowds and weather. We can't stand it when there's just tons of people there and we also can't stand the Florida humidity. We went 2 years ago in early-mid Dec. and had a fabulous time! (in fact, we're going back in Dec!) The crowds were very moderate. It's fun to see all the Christmas decor, particularly in the resorts. Definitely one of my 2 favorite times of the year to go!

Disney4us2
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Our last trip was the first week in Dec. It was great. We didn't have any rain. Some days were very warm and others were cool to down right cold. I ended up buying a jacket since all I had was a sweatshirt and it was too cold for that. It was great seeing all the Christmas decorations up. I would not hesitate to go at this time again.

DadTriton
04-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Crowds are moderate to light with two exceptions:
Locals like to go on the weekend to see Christmas decor and festivities so Fri/Sat tend to be more crowds particularly at Hollywood Studios and MK.
The Locals also like to go to the MVMCP and spend the whole day there too, so the MK can be busy those days.

LandFan
04-27-2010, 08:48 AM
We love going THanksgiving day or the day after and staying the next week. It's a great time to go - cooler, Xmas decorations, mvmcp, lighter crowds...