PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

southerngirl
04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I hope this isn't a silly question, but here goes: We are going to WDW from July 21-25, and we planned on purchasing 3 day park hoppers (since the first and last day are travel days, we won't need tickets for those). However, I noticed that you can purchase a 5 day base ticket for less than a 3 day park hopper. Can you use two days on a base ticket on the same day, if you want to go to different parks? For example, could we purchase a 5 day ticket, then use two days of it to go to Epcot and MK in the same day? Or, is the ticket restricted so that you can only visit one park per day? We only "park hop" on two of our park days anyway, so if we can do that, then a 5 day ticket makes sense.

Thanks!!!

Imagineer1981
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM
No sorry, unfortunately if you want to park hop you have to buy the hopper option. You won't be allowed into a different park on the same day without that hopping option

HoosierDisneyFan
04-23-2010, 09:26 PM
This question gets asked frequently and NO you will not be allowed in a second park on the same day (without the park hopper option).

You could have a separate single day ticket (but that would be more expensive than the park hooper option).

KylesMom
04-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Let me explain a bit further so you can understand how the tickets work.

Disney has gone digital. The tickets where you received a punch on your pass is gone, and they have been replaced with a digital media strip. When you enter one park, the computers recognize that you've done so. If you were to try to enter a second park without the "hopping" option, the computer would recognize this, too. It shows up on the LED screen that the CM is looking at when you insert your pass into the turnstiles - so unless you pay for the hopping option, you can't do it. It's a common misconception, and one in which I'm sure a lot of people get fooled & end up forking over the fee for the hopping option in the end.