PDA

View Full Version : Baby food in Park

EpcotChic23
04-23-2010, 09:32 AM
I am going with my family and my DD (11 months old) to WDW the first week of June. I seriously can't wait I have been dreaming of the day to bring my child to Disney World...ok I am going off topic sorry. She is just about getting her first tooth now so she will most likely will not be eating grown up people food. I know Disney has a rule no outside food are allowed in the parks, but I am assuming I can bring in jars of baby food. I was thinking about since it will be so hot bringing one of those insulated lunch bages and put in one of those things to keep it cool (sorry I dont know the proper name for that). Will they allow me to bring that in the park? I just want to make sure before I go thanks.

Strmchsr
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Actually, Disney has no problem with outside food in the parks. You're more than welcome to bring in your own food. In fact, my family usually brings in a picnic lunch then we eat in the parks at a TS in the evening. What you can't bring are glass jars and bottles. They do not allow glass in the parks. So, you're more than welcome to bring in the baby food (or any other snack) but be sure you put it in a Tupperware container or something similar.

Imagineer1981
04-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Luckily Gerber makes almost all their baby food in plastic containers now, so you'll have no problem bringing in those to the park as well as any snacks. Have fun!

DisneyLuver91
04-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I think I read that glass baby food jars are okay. Just check on the Disney website for sure.

goofynmd
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I think I read that glass baby food jars are okay. Just check on the Disney website for sure.

Can anyone confirm this? I looked on Disney website and can't locate any info. I am planning on shipping a box down this weekend with lots of glass jars. I am hoping I can take these into the park each day.

DisneyLuver91
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
This is directly from the Disney World site FAQ:

Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks?

A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:
Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
Alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind
Folding chairs
Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
Pets (unless they are service animals)
In Disney's Animal KingdomŪ Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind them, including a stroller, is not permitted into the Park.

I hope that your trip goes well! :mickey:

goofynmd
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks DisneyLuver91. Puts my mind at ease :mickey:

EpcotChic23
04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the answer about the glass baby food. I am happy to read that because most of her dinners are in glass jars.