PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights - staying at POR - should I skip this place?

wdwluv
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
I've heard some bad reviews. It's so convenient being at our resort though. But should I skip it and go elsewhere? Any suggestions. (our trip is in May - so really hot places are all but impossible to get in at this point)

azcavalier
04-23-2010, 09:57 AM
We've only been once, and our family gave it mixed reviews. No one was blown away by it, but my DW and children did like what they ordered. I ordered Jambalaya, and it was not good.

So, my suggestion is to go ahead and try it, but skip the Jambalaya.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-23-2010, 10:02 AM
We've only eaten there once, but it was fine. Nothing too special, but the service was good and friendly and the food was fine.

JROriole8Fan
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
We were told, if you are there try it. If not, it isn't worth the trip. We tried it anyway the advice was correct. Not worth a trip, but, if you are there already it isn't bad. But, we'll never go back.

Genie1953
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
We ate there numerous times when we were there in 2005 and the food was wonderful with a wide variety.....however this time we took a look at the menu and were not impressed at all.....and we did not eat there either. They used to serve breakfast and dinner but now only dinner is served. I think if they went back to the old menu they would get more business. In 2005 there was always a crowd waiting and the place was packed every time we ate there. This time it never seemed like it was really bustling all that much during our recent 9 night/10 day stay which ended just this past monday.

Fangorn
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Our experiences at Boatwrights have all been very good to excellent. The food is not blow-you-away spectacular, but we've found it to be very good. Certainly as good as most other restaurants in the World (Signature Dining excluded). In December, the pork loin special was pretty incredible. At the same time, we have never had anything less than stellar service. I realize that that could just be the luck of the draw, but we've been there many, many times. It is rarely crowded so getting in is pretty easy and if you are staying at POR or POFQ, it's quick and easy.

For us, even if we're not staying at POR (which is our default resort) we always have dinner at Boatwrights while we're at WDW.

I recommend you try it.

Steve

Ropachs
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
It's been a while since we've been there, but I remember it being the one of the best breakfasts we've had at WDW.
Like others have said, if I wasn't staying there I may not want to take the time to get there...but if we were already there, no question we'd be eating there!

Wishmaker
04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Negative on this vote. I hate to say it but it was bad :sick:

Genie1953
04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
It's been a while since we've been there, but I remember it being the one of the best breakfasts we've had at WDW.
Like others have said, if I wasn't staying there I may not want to take the time to get there...but if we were already there, no question we'd be eating there!

You are correct.....breakfast was wonderful when they were serving it but they no longer do that. Here is a tip for those staying at Riverside though. In the mornings they allow people to use Boatwright's for overflow seating when Riverside Mill is too full. It is a nice calm atmosphere to eat breakfast in.

wdwluv
04-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Eek! What to do, what to do?!?!

If I get there I'll have to give a review when I get back! :-P

crltkcagle
04-23-2010, 08:49 PM
We have a reservation there for the last week in May and we are from New Orleans. Hope the food isn't horrible. We are staying at POR and wanted to try Boatwrights.

HoosierDisneyFan
04-23-2010, 10:00 PM
We have eaten there once and I had the Jambalaya. I thought it was very good. Now keep in mind that I am not from New Orleans so I hvae not idea what "real" Jambalaya should taste like but I enjoyed my meal.

Pocahontas
04-24-2010, 10:43 AM
I've eaten there a 3 or 4 times and our family enjoyed it every time. It isn't a must do, but we were pleased with all our meals. To be fair however, we haven't been in a couple years, so it may have changed since I was last there.

Seasonscraps
04-24-2010, 10:54 AM
I enjoyed the meals I have had at Boatwrights and would plan a dinner there if I was staying at POR. It's good hearty food but nothing special that would make me go there if I was staying someplace else.

Pirate Granny
04-24-2010, 01:33 PM
We've eaten there a couple of times...and it was OK...no problems...
BUT...we enjoy the CS at Riverside...make your own pasta dish...two people could easily share and it's very tasty.
:pirate:

luvdiznee
04-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm a rice-a-holic, and I enjoyed their Jambalaya.

As a matter of fact that is what I am making now.

I would go for it. Especially since you are already at the resort. :mickey:

finaldynasty
04-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Eek! What to do, what to do?!?!

If I get there I'll have to give a review when I get back! :-P

My family and I are staying at POR in June and we will do the same. We have not made reservations, but figured we will most likely eat there before we depart...

njkiki
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
It's ok. If you can't get into anywhere else then go for it. We found the quick service MUCH better than Boadtwright's..... i don't even remember the meal.... :(

SBETigg
04-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Boatwright's is okay if you're staying there. I definitely wouldn't go out of my way for it, and there are lots of choices that are better. But for a casual evening at the resort, it's not bad. I wouldn't be afraid to try it out.

#1donaldfan
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
.....the food is great and the service is top notch...but for us, it's more of a home cooked meal type, not ulike we get at home, and for us, while on vacation, we like to "change it up"....so, my review is GREAT for some who are looking for that "down home" "granny's house" type of meal.....now if they would ever bring back the breakfast...I'M THERE !!:mickey: