PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Resort

rmsongs
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello. I'm just starting to plan my family's next trip and I could use some advice. I've stayed at the Poly (years ago) and the whole family has stayed at CSR twice (1 great stay, 1 not-so-great). During the last trip (11/08) we took the water taxi from DHS to EPCOT and were really blown away by the Boardwalk Resort. When I went online, though, I wasn't as impressed. Here's my question: What resort have you stayed at that you would definitely stay at again, and why? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Spang88
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
I personally like the convenience of the monorail resorts. For our next trip coming up later this year we are staying at the Old Key West in a villa since we are traveling with 2 kids now and grandparents. Can't wait.

But back to your question, I would prefer Polynesian, Grand Floridian, or Contemporary to cut out some of the bus travel.

Pirate Granny
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Wilderness Lodge...pools and like being close to MK...can take the water taxi...and YC 'cause I LOVE storm-a-long bay...you really can't beat that pool...it's like a mini water park...we can/and have spent all day there.
:pirate:

Tygger7
04-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Wilderness Lodge...lowest price of the deluxe resorts, and the most beautiful (IMHO :mickey:) I love taking the boat to the MK, and the pool is georgous. We talk of trying other resorts, but always end up back at WL. Definitely worth a try.

Mousemates
04-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Poly for the monorail and laid back feel.

Yacht Club - the pool, the ability to cruise over to the boardwalk for pizza and street entertainment, walking distance to two theme parks and minature golf, great rooms, free internet in the lobby and thus far the best desk service of any disney resort we've stayed at thus far.

EpcotChic23
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Toss up between Poly and CR. I have not stayed in the CR since the rooms have been renovated, but growing up...to around 25 we always stayed at the CR. So the memories alone bring a smile to my face. I also love the location and the views (MK or the Lake) are amazing. We have been staying at the Poly the past 5 years (when we would try to book the CR and it was full) and we fell in love with it too. Being connected to the monorial, walking to TTC, great atmosphere you cant go wrong. Recently for work I have been able to go to WDW and the budget I am allowed I stayed at the Pop Century and I loved that too. Smaller rooms, not such amazing veiws but still a great hotel.

TikiLounger
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
I'd definitely stay at The Polynesian, The Wilderness Lodge, and The Beach Club again. The Poly is my all-time favorite, though.

sleepydog5
04-23-2010, 11:55 AM
WL. . .if you want to unwind and relax at the end of the day. It's more serene and quieter than other resorts. You have the option of boating to MK. You can walk along nature trails. Pools are rarely overly crowded. Food, overall, is quite good there, especially Artist Point (but it is a signature restaurant). Gorgeous architecture. I've stayed at others, but love WL.

renecat
04-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Grand floridian is my favorite. This year since we are going during wine and food festival we are staying at the Beach Club.

svarhall07
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM
my favorite is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I feel so removed from the world and transplanted into another world here. From the time you walk in and see the breathtaking lobby to waking up to coffee with a giraffe having breakfast outside your window, you know you're somewhere special.

The food options are excellent too, Boma for breakfast and dinner is outstanding (my favorite TS) and Jiko is delicious! And the large pool is beautiful, especially at night. Plus, it's one of the less expensive deluxe resorts.

I think AKL is a resort for families and adults, and all would be happy there.

eeyorepoohfan
04-23-2010, 01:41 PM
I've only stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and POP Century. I love both resorts!! :mickey: If I could afford to stay at Wilderness Lodge again, I will in a heartbeat! It was such a beautiful and relaxing resort. I really enjoyed taking the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom! I really felt the desire to spend time in my room and exploring the resort. Wonderful memories and fantastic service! :cloud9:

For the budget conscious, I would highly recommend POP Century. :thumbsup: We had such a magical and memorable trip in December. I never felt like it was a cheap hotel, felt very Disney and welcoming to me and my hubby. The staff was friendly and the grounds were fairly easy to navigate. It was a super fast bus ride to Hollywood Studios (less than 5 minutes), EPCOT (about 5-6 minutes) and DTD(about 5-6 minutes). It is right next door to CBR, so not too far from things in comparison to paying for a Moderate. My hubby and I really have to watch our budget, so I'm sure we will continue to stay at POP Century. :thumbsup:

However, I don't think there could really be a bad resort on property. They all have something different to offer, a different theme and feel to it. That's what makes Disney so wonderful! I do have a dream and desire to stay at all of the resorts on property, one day :cloud9:

PinkTink
04-23-2010, 03:28 PM
It depends. If we're going to be spending more time in Epcot, then I choose the Yacht Club. I've stayed there several times and love it!

If we're going to be spending more time in MK, then I would choose either Poly or Grand Floridian. Both are nice resorts with easy access to places. If I was staying for awhile and wasn't so intent on getting places quickly, I would go for the Wilderness Lodge - it seems more peaceful and secluded that the other resorts.

wdw538884
04-25-2010, 11:23 AM
#1-Poly
#2- AKL
#3-Contemp
Have always enjoyed staying at the Poly, AKL is great too, especially with a savannah view, and proximity to
Boma's:thumbsup:
At the comtemporary, I was on concierge floor, and was facing the lake on the backside of the hotel, very convenient due to the monorail, but no one told me about the birds in the am. Was awoken to the sound of a huge flock of screaming black crows as the decended on the balconies. Not the way I like to be awoken in the am, and happened every am while there:mad:

kemps@wdw
04-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Out of all we've stayed at, we prefer the WL. The atmosphere is more serene and soothing, great pool / hotubs area, walking trails to FW, boat to MK and CR, good dining options, views of MK (Wishes) from our balcony, less time spent on transportation(IMHO), and coffee on the dock @ sunrise...:cloud9:

Going2HeavenRU
04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
For me, it is definitely the POP Century hotel. I considered the Boardwalk but, since we only spend about 8 hours (between midnight and 8am) at the hotel, it isn't worth the extra money.
When we're at Disney, all we need is a bed and shower. The rest of the time we are in the parks or out and about!

Carolanne
04-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Deluxe: The Poly, for the monorail convenience & the atmosphere.

Deluxe II: OKW--it's quiet, a beautiful property, and while it's on Disney property I don't feel like I'm overly immersed in Disney. Not that being immersed in Disney is such a bad thing,lol, but sometimes you need a little break at the end of the day.

Mod: POFQ. Beautiful grounds. I've never had a bad stay here.

Value: Pop Century--it's just a fun resort. F-U-N fun!!

finaldynasty
04-27-2010, 09:30 PM
WL by far!! Love the pool, short ride to MK and great resturants!