PDA

View Full Version : Our Trip of Firsts-Pre Trip Report

sgdisney
04-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Since 2000 I have been to WDW 6 times, but from May 1-8 will be experiencing what I hope to be a trip full of many firsts. Let me explain…

Two of the past trips have been just me and my DS, who is now 20. Four have included all of us, me, my DH and DS. But me and my DH have never been by ourselves. So this is the trip for just us. Our trips have always catered to what DS wanted to do, where he wanted to eat, attractions he wanted to see or do. And while those trips have all been wonderful, I am looking forward to doing what we would like to do and spending some good quality time as a couple.

Just to mention a few of the attractions I hope to do that will be firsts:

Swiss Family Treehouse
Tom Sawyer Island
Comedy Laugh Floor
Stitch’s Great Escape
Mickey’s Philharmagic (I’ve been, but not DH)
Finding Nemo the Musical
Expedition Everest (first for DH, I’ve been)
Flights of Wonder
It’s Tough To Be a Bug
Lights Motors Action
One Man’s Dream
Toy Story Mania
American Idol Experience
Living Seas
Honey I Shrunk…..
A real tour of World Showcase, including the movies and performers

Okay, that was more than a few, but you get the point!

ADR’s booked that will be firsts include O’Hana, LeCellier, Liberty Tree Tavern and the Plaza. We will also visit a few of our favorites including Mama Mel Rosa’s and Crystal Palace for an early before the park opens breakfast.

We will be staying at POR, requested a mansion room. Our first family trip was spent at what was then Dixie Landings in the AB section, so this too will be a first.

And beginning with our departure on the first of May, we will be taking our first direct flight from our home airport to MCO. Airtran started direct flights last summer and even though they only fly 3 days each week it is the first time we have ever had the option to book a direct flight. So instead of taking 4-6 hours with a layover in Charlotte or Atlanta, or spending 14 hours driving, it will take 1 hour and 50 minutes to fly directly to MCO!

And one last first worthy of mention. This will be my first trip as a thinner person. Over the past year I have lost 60 lbs. I still have about 25 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight but feel SO much better. I am looking forward to being able to enter and exit ride vehicles such as Rock N Roller and Space Mountain with much greater ease, plus the ease of buckling seatbelts and going through those dreaded turnstiles.

So that’s the plans. We are 8 days from departure and I can't wait! :mjump:

disneymom15
04-22-2010, 05:51 PM
FIRST things FIRST, have a wonderful time. Sounds like you've really thought this thru. Congrats on the weight lose.

DizNee143
04-23-2010, 09:11 AM
i hope you and your hubby have a wonderful time in disney together!!!
and congrats on all the weight lost!! Go You!!:mickey:

faline
04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
What an accomplishment! Congrats on your weight loss!

Have a wondeful time full of very fun firsts for both you and your spouse!

And...please be sure to come back and tell all about your trip when you get back home!

KylesMom
04-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Sandy, it sounds like this trip will be extra-special for you. Congratulations on getting fit & feeling good. I'm excited to hear upon your return how many of your "firsts" you accomplish. Have a great trip! :mickey:

Darbylew
04-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Have a wonderful time in the land of Mickey!
It sounds like you have it all planned out. :thumbsup: Congrats on your weight loss.
Enjoy your stay at POR. It is a great resort.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!:D

yjgirl32
04-28-2010, 09:14 AM
That sounds like a very nice trip. Have a great time. Great job on the weight loss.