PDA

View Full Version : getting engaged at MK

disneymother
04-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know if the MK has special buttons or pins for someone proposing there? My son is planning on proposing there, and he wants to make it as special as he can. Any thoughts? Thanks!

eeyorepoohfan
04-22-2010, 04:53 PM
:mickey: I know I saw people walking around in December at the parks with "Just Engaged" buttons. I know you can get them at resort check-in. You can probably get them at City Hall too! :thumbsup:

dixielandings
04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
My DH proposed to me at Epcot, over dinner in Italy. My advice is for him to make it as personal as possible. Try not to do what a million people have done before - UNLESS he knows that's exactly what will mean the most to her. Does she love Wishes? Is she more of a character meal girl? Would it mean more to her to be proposed to in the white rocking chairs at Aunt Polly's Landing?

It usually costs a lot of money to get any of the Cast in on the act but just proposing there - anywhere - is free. Make it personal! :cloud9:

Pirate Granny
04-22-2010, 06:57 PM
A couple of years ago, we were waiting to get our pictures taken in front of the castle at the close of the night...there was one family before us and the CM told everyone no one after us...while the woman and man were getting their picture taken, while granny and kids looked on...he got down on his knee and proposed...what a shock on her face...and of course the Photopass gentleman caught it all...I've also seen someone propose in front of the wishing well off to the side of the castle...we stopped while the girl was crying and asked if they wanted us to take a picture...they were very thankfuly and posed...What wonderful memories...even for us, and we don't even know these people.
:pirate:

disneymother
04-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your great input. His girlfriend loves fireworks, but the personal touch sounds good too. I will pass on all your ideas, thanks again!!:mickey:

lettripp
04-26-2010, 05:25 PM
There are pins; they are pink!

angel2931
04-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Yep, I believe there are pins! My DH proposed to me in WDW 3 years ago this August... we were walking along one of the side paths by the castle on a GORGEOUS day and we stopped to admire the view of the castle and him and his son (now my stepson who was 6 at the time) did a little thing they had planned and popped the question!! It was amazing!! :-)