PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on some "off the beaten path" places

southerngirl
04-21-2010, 04:57 PM
We just booked a quick trip in the end of July (21-25). The travel party is my DH, DS (age 2) and me. Since we get an educator discount at the Swan, that's where we're staying, so no DP. I spent a lot of time trying to book ADRs for some of our favorites today, but I didn't have a lot of luck. So, we'll be trying some new places. What are your thoughts on:

Flying Fish
Kouzina (I probably murdered the spelling)
Narcoose's
Blue Zoo

Thanks for the help!

Kate In Wonderland
04-21-2010, 05:10 PM
The only one I can comment on is Flying Fish because that's the only one I've eaten at. My husband and I ate there 9 years ago on our honeymoon. And over the years we have eaten at a lot of different places both in our hometown and all over the country (we are big foodies!)
To this day, if someone asks him the best meal he's ever had in his life - he always replies "the oak fired salmon at Flying Fish Cafe". Hope this answers your question! Have a great time!

Kate In Wonderland
04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh, and also - every time my parents go to WDW they always go to Narcoosee's, it's one of their favorites and they are never disappointed.

beksy
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
We tried Narcossee's in January and it was wonderful! The food, location, service was all fabulous. It is our favorite signature restaurant. I haven't tried the others to comment. :mickey:

mook3y
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
My wife and I have had our "parents night out" during our 3 WDW vacations at Narcoossee's.

The food is excellent, the service is top notch and just love the view of bay lake and the MK.

We have timed it so that we could watch the fireworks from the restaurant.

It was a very tough decision for us to pick Citrico's over Narcoossee's for our night out in May.

We just decided we eventually want to try all the Signature dining restaurants so Citrico's it is!

Sorry, have not tried any of the others.