PDA

View Full Version : How the waitlist works

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know exactly how Member Services handles the waitlist? I'm specifically interested in how requests are honored. Are the requests in some kind of computer system that knows when reservations have been cancelled or changed and then fulfills the first wait list request that matches? Or maybe at the end of the day, the computer goes through the list and matches things up? I don't really care, I'm just curious!

DizneyRox
04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, they seem to do a little of this and a little of that...

Seriously... I've been on the waitlist, and not gotten a call, when I do call, sometimes they have what I'm waitlisted for, sometimes not. You would think it would be a first come first served on the waitlist, but it almost seems like it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
from what a CM told me over the phone, they don't see the waitlist for certain room type. If they open a specific reservation, they can see that there is a waitlist on the reservation. So, she can see how many people are on the waitlist for a 1 bedroom at BLT for MK view. All they can see is your reservation #12345 has a waitlist request for a 1 bdroom BLT MK view on it.

She said that the reservation/waitlist match-up (i'm sure there's a really technical term for that) is an automated system process that is run nightly. So, maybe that is why something that you waitlisted for may be open during the day if you call. By the time the night process is done, the open spot may have been taken.

Hopefully that makes sense and I'm understanding the CM's explanation.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
04-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Well, it worked for me, however it goes! We now have 2 nights at Bay Lake Towers and an additional 2 nights at the Boardwalk Villas over Halloween weekend (and Food and Wine Festival). We're so excited to be staying at both locations for the first time!