PDA

View Full Version : We passed ROFR

SFD998
04-21-2010, 09:13 AM
We got the email yesterday telling us that we passed. We picked up a small HHI contract. 50pts Oct UY $65 p/p. 50 banked '08 pts, all '09 & '10 pts submitted on 3/29. It seems like it is extremely difficult to get in there in the summer months unless you own there so we decided to go for it.

faline
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Congrats to you! :mickey:

sleepydog5
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Congrats! Just passed ROFR, as well, Feb UY, 250 pts, $75 pt, all 2010 pts available, all 2011 pts coming in Feb, seller pays 2010 dues and closing costs. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
We got the email yesterday telling us that we passed. We picked up a small HHI contract. 50pts Oct UY $65 p/p. 50 banked '08 pts, all '09 & '10 pts submitted on 3/29. It seems like it is extremely difficult to get in there in the summer months unless you own there so we decided to go for it.
I'd be very surprised is Disney didn't pass on the ROFR.

Also, you mention a small contract at HHI. You do understand that ONLY those 50 points are available for booking at the 11 month window. If you need more than 50 points, you'll need to wait until the 7 month window to use your others.

Just making sure you understand that. It's probably too late for you to change your mind now however.

SFD998
04-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I'd be very surprised is Disney didn't pass on the ROFR.

Also, you mention a small contract at HHI. You do understand that ONLY those 50 points are available for booking at the 11 month window. If you need more than 50 points, you'll need to wait until the 7 month window to use your others.

Just making sure you understand that. It's probably too late for you to change your mind now however.

We fully expected them to pass this through based on the price, which is what I assume you were referring to.

We are not new to DVC. This our 4th purchase and our third resort. We have started taking a summer trip and decided that we wanted to be able to stop at HHI on the way home. The only way to do this is to own there. 50 pts even in the premier season gets me 3 nights (even w/ 2011 pt change). Worst case you can always bank and borrow.

You are correct it is too late to change my mind, but it's Disney and DVC why would I want to?

DizneyRox
04-22-2010, 06:19 PM
We fully expected them to pass this through based on the price, which is what I assume you were referring to.
Actually, no... I think DIsney has plenty of inventory and the last thing they need is another contract to sell.

Sounds like a small contract is just what you need. Just making sure... I don't think a lot of poeple understand the home resort actually goes with the points, not the owner.

vizsla
04-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Congratulations:thumbsup: