PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse Villa vs 2 bedroom Boardwalk Villa

jaymag152
04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok what do you think. We are going with another couple and don't know what one to pick. I have stayed at the BWV but never in the treehouse villas.

Pirate Granny
04-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I think since you are two couples, I would opt for the Treehouses...I'm trying to figure out a time where we could go and stay there...I don't think it would be very fun for kids as it doesn't have much theme to it...but I think it would be VERY RELAXING...and I love that you have the patio deck for each unit.
:pirate:

Seasonscraps
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
I would pick the BW because of the location - there's so much to do right there!

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Treehouses are awesome!!!! As far as the post about it not appealing to kids, I've got 2 that LOVED their "home in the trees".

I truly feels like a home. It's single detached and if you get the right location, you have water views of the boats, the boat dock right outside your door or the path to SSR main carriage house. There is a pool/hot tub for the THV that's fairly deserted but, there is a huge pool/kid pool area on the way to the main carriage house (not to mention the zero entry pool at the carriage house).

It is a 3 bedroom villa - one room with bunk beds which the kids adored. And the living space is much more like a home with a kitchen, breakfast bar, real dining table (not a booth/nook type) that seats 8 comfortably and family room area. It has a full size octogon deck with barbque for each villa. It is really a "single-family" home vs. a mid-rise condo if you are into real estate terms.

While I've never stayed at Boardwalk (but hope to one day - especially for F&W Fest), THV is an excellent "vacation home from your vacation".

OogieBoogieMan
04-21-2010, 09:53 PM
THV is very close to staying off site IMO. The rooms are great but you are removed from basically everything. It is the complete opposite of the BWV in that respect. At the BWV you are close to Epcot, great restaurants, a bunch of nightlife options and four other great hotels. We stayed at THV using our DVC points to check it out for a night but I would have a really hard time paying for it in cash. If I am going to deal with the inconvenience of the location I would just as soon stay off site and get much more bang for the buck.

jaymag152
04-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks for all the info, I called DVC today and both were not open for my dates so as of now I will be at OKW and have waited listed the BWV.

Mousemates
04-30-2010, 03:25 AM
saw where you had kind of taken THV off the table but thought I would go ahead and chime in ....the treehouses were nice, but I have to agree with the poster who said it was almost like staying off property...both from a distance/isolation factor and (to me) the feel of the place...it felt very condo-ish...but not really very disney to me.