PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People Packed up Again! Day 9

mouseketeer mom
04-20-2010, 05:52 PM
We wake up to the gorgeous Polynesian, knowing we are flying home to NJ. Strangely, this is one of the easiest times I've had leaving WDW. Something about this trip left me feeling especially happy and relaxed. I think because of all we went through this fall with Steven being so very sick. Our future was so very shaky at that time, this trip became all about gratitude to me. Instead of being concerned with packing it all in, I was just so grateful to be in WDW together again, with a healthy husband and family, each moment meant so much to me. No matter how small the moment was. We were there, we were together, we were healthy. My husband was BACK.
We had breakfast in the lounge, shipped home two boxes of things we collected during this trip, and headed out to the ME bus which arrived within 5 mins. Flight no problem, we were home by early afternoon. I liked this. I would leave this way again. None of that knowing we were leaving later in the day and feeling sad. I liked just getting up and going. And getting home early to get ourselves settled.
Katie had a great Sweet Sixteen. She still wants to celebrate in WDW! Thats a gift in itself. I hope that trait always remains with her. The ability to play and be young at heart.
We are returning in July, and again in September. Steve is working down there during those times, so of course we are tagging along. No going to WDW without us!!
July's trip falls during Steve's BD, and September's trip falls on mine and Kai's BD week so more celebrations are in store.
Thank you everyone for reading! I hope you enjoyed the reports! ~Lisa

SBETigg
04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
So glad it was a wonderful birthday and a fantastic family time. Sweet memories!

faline
04-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Very nice trip! And...it's always nice to know you have another tirp coming up in the near future!

cer
04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Thank you so much for the reports, I really enjoyed them. So glad your husband is well.

buzznwoodysmom
04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Lisa, I've enjoyed these reports so much. It was like tagging along with you guys. I can't wait to read about July and Sept., and Disneyland!!!!!! I still can't believe how incredibly healthy Steve looks in all these pictures. Its so hard to believe the awful fall you guys had with that health scare when you see him now. What a wonderful recovery. I'm so glad you guys had the trip of a lifetime!!!!!!

DisneyorBust
04-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Lisa, I too really enjoyed your reports. It sounds like you and your family had a perfect trip. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

RedSoxFan
04-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Lisa--I enjoyed reading all your trip reports. Sounds like you had a great time and Katie had a great 16th b'day. I loved the pictures. You have beautiful kids.

sgdisney
04-20-2010, 10:06 PM
What a wonderful trip it was. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. You had so much to celebrate this trip and I'm glad things turned out just as they did for you and your family.

DizNee143
04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
sounds like a nice travel day back home!! glad you had a wonderful trip with your family! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Lisa, I enjoyed all of our reports. I really enjoyed the pictures also. I am glad your family had a great trip! It looks like you and Steve have 3 awesome kids. Be proud!!:mickey:

VWL Mom
04-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Great reports! A true testament of cherishing each day with loved ones. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
A truly wonderful vacation!!

Thanks for sharing it all with us Lisa!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
I remember when I read your pre-trip report, I hoped that everything would go well . . . I was thinking that your family sure deserved it, and you'd all been through enough.

It looks like you surpassed the "magical" and went straight to "magnificent". Your reports have been wonderful and I've enjoyed every single one of them. I'm sorry they're over & hope you'll resume them upon returning from your next great adventure. Thanks for sharing your memories (and your kids) with us, Lisa! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Lisa,

I'm SO glad to hear that you had a magical trip. After all you and your family went through -- what a great way to celebrate the most important thing in life, family.

Thanks for taking the time to write your reports and put pictures in. Your Poly concierge view picture is now on my desktop!

Kathy

DisneyBarb
04-21-2010, 09:59 PM
love, love, love your trip reports! We love the Poly and we love our family time spent there...we try to go every 2 years and so happy for reports like yours to keep us going in between... So happy that your husband is healthy and were able to have such a memorable trip....

yjgirl32
04-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Wow 2 more trips- lucky. Have a great time and can't wait to read the reports. I will get more great tips before we go down in Oct.

wildernesslady
04-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Wow great times. Thanks for sharing your trip.

ozmom
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks so much for your trip reports. I too have enjoyed them along with your photos. You have me convinced that I need to try and stay at the Poly for my 50th birthday celebration next year. :mickey:

dtootsie42
04-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Lisa thanks so very much for sharing your adventure. It was wonderful reading about your adventure and seeing all the pictures of your wonderful family. So happy that your husband is doing so great. He looks healthy and happy in the pictures.

Our trip to WDW in December was a lot like yours. It was beyond magical and it was the first time that I was not bothered about coming home to the gray, rainy days here in Seattle.

Looking forward to your next report when you take your next trip.

Once again thanks. You put a smile on my face! Dana

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge
Next Trip Nov. 2010 Disneyland

MinnieMommie
04-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Thank you Lisa for sharing your trip with us. I have been reading out load to my family and all have enjoyed. I look forward to reading about your next trip. Many blessings to you and your family. You deserve every moment of magic! :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: