PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People Packed up Again! Day 8

mouseketeer mom
04-20-2010, 05:39 PM
We had no plans today, so over breakfast in the lounge we came up with one on the fly. DHS, followed by resort time, dinner in lounge, and MK in evening, Wishes from lounge at end of the day.
With that plan in place, I inquired as to availability of lunch at Mama Melrose's. We've never been there, and since we'd be eating light in the lounge tonight, a sit down lunch would be nice. No prob! ADR, 12:30pm. We headed to the studios. KT grabbed fastpasses for TSM, we headed for the Backlot tour, KT wanted some pics she didn't get before, then to One Mans Dream, and saw the movie too, which I loved. Then to Animation studios. We love to play with the computers and add our voices to Disney song and script. We always have a blast doing this. What was new this time for us, was going into the studio to learn how to draw a character. This was sooooo much fun. We drew Ray, the firefly from the Princess and the Frog. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4879.jpg This was a wonderful experience we could all take part in..well, sort of. Even though we were at the front of the line, I suddenly felt like I was in a roller derby when the doors opened. This one woman was a lunatic, she was frantic to secure an entire row, and in the process, bumped Kai out of a seat. Tears ensued, I had evil looks for the woman, and I gave up my seat to Kai, but a kind older man said he just wanted to watch, and gave Kai his seat. Thank you.:thumbsup:
After this we headed to Mama Melroses. It was so empty, but they placed us at a table in the back by the service area. ??? We politely requested a booth, and were lead to a better seat in the main room. We liked this place. We shared three flatbread pizzas and calamari. Loved the calamari. We would come back here. Service was quick, food good, prices good for Disney. We rode TSM after lunch, and headed back to the Polynesian.
This was another afternoon of play. Love my view from my hammock. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4908.jpg And my hammock always seems to be open.
We had dinner in the lounge, after debating if we should try to get into Kona's. The reason we love Kona's at dinnertime is the bread and butter. Its amazing. So unusual and delicious. Well, Kai surprised us. He said he was going lizard hunting before dinner. Instead he took himself to the podium at Kona's, told the young man it was KT's BD, and she loves the bread so much. He asked for a loaf and said he had his room key to pay for it. Well, Kona's gave him two loaves for free along with the butter, and plenty of it!!! He brought it to the lounge and suprised us all and we had it with our lounge offerings!!! Go Kai!! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4918.jpg So we had what we love about Kona's after all.
Straight to the MK after dinner for a ride on HM, Buzz and Pirates. Our three favorites. We had to make our last wishes in the fountain behind the castle, and we headed out happy and satisfied. Made it back in time for the Electrical Water Parade and Wishes. Our last Wishes! Since the show is changing in June. This was a happy last day. Tomorrow we go home.

SBETigg
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
That's so sweet about Kai surprising you with the bread. How very cool! The end of another great stay. Looking forward to your next trip. :)

cer
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
So sweet that Kai went out for bread and so wonderful of Kona to hook him up! Disney rocks! :mickey:

We also did the animation for the first time on our last trip. So much fun! And I LOVE that y'all drew Ray! Gotta love RAY!

faline
04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
What wonderful children you have! Kai's gesture in obtaining the bread was very thoughtful and sweet!

Even though, it's your last full day at Disney, you packed in lots of wonderful moments! I'm sure this is a trip your family will long remember!

buzznwoodysmom
04-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Awwww, how sweet is Kai!!!!!! I'm sure Katie was so touched at what her little brother did for her. That's one of the sweetest things I've heard in a while.

Your trip has been so amazing, each day better than the day before. This was one of my favorite trips to read about. What wonderful memories you and your family made. I'm just sad that your reports are coming to an end.

DisneyorBust
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
You sure raised a considerate son ! How special for your daughter.
My youngest daughter loved the photo taken from the hammock at the POLY, it's the same one that she spent plenty of time in during previous trips!

DizNee143
04-21-2010, 09:20 AM
sounds like a nice plan you all came up with and stuck with!! what a great last full day!!
and that was sooo nice of kai getting the bread for everyone :mickey:

KylesMom
04-21-2010, 10:40 AM
A great day at the Studios - especially the drawing portion (minus the lunatic lady, of course). I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch at Mama Melrose - it's a re-repeat each trip for us, and quite honestly we've only been disappointed there once in all our visits. DH especially raves about their calamari (and me their sangria).

Now I can understand why you love your hammock so much - what a view! And what a touching gesture from Kai - nice job, Mom & Dad! :thumbsup: His courtesy is obviously a learned trait. :D

No, No, NO! I refuse to believe your trip is almost over, Lisa! :(

princessgirls
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
How sweet is Kai?? That was one of the nicest little brother things to do!

Another wonderful day Lisa! Couldn't ask for better.

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
SO sad to make the last wishes. we do this too. Thanks for sharing your trip with me(us).

wildernesslady
04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
We just began drawing characters also. It is alot of fun. Sounds like a great day.

dtootsie42
04-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Another great day. Such wonderful kids you have. I am sure that you are proud of them. Thanks so very much for sharing!

MinnieMommie
04-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Wonderful Day and wonderful family! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Oh my....they are changing Wishes? I didn't realize. So glad we made it to Wishes last week....even if it was in the rain. I just love reading your trip reports. They are bringing back soooo many memories for me!

Pocahontas
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
The character drawing is one of our family's favorite things to do. We usually do it twice during each trip. Sorry you encountered such a rood person. Even though we occasionally bump into some rood people during our trips, I'm glad to say most people have been very conciderate.

Great son your raising!:thumbsup: