PDA

View Full Version : Just Back - Thoughts on CSR

Bohms4
04-20-2010, 10:27 AM
We just returned yesterday from a week long trip at CSR. We have now stayed at all of the Disney moderates and I can say that this is my favorite followed by POFQ which is a very close second.
Things I liked - nice, quiet resort w/pretty grounds. We stayed in the Cabanas section and loved how serene it was a night. We had a corner room and the quiet pool was just a few steps outside our door (wasn't as quiet when the loud, trashy family moved in next door to us midway through the vacation but that wasn't CSR's fault). Loved the queen beds and the doors that separated the sink area from the bedrooms. Kids LOVED the slide at the pool - definitely the best slide at any of the moderates. Bus service was great to and from the parks - I think the longest we waited all week was maybe 17 minutes and that was only 1 time. Also liked that it was just CSR and no other resort using the same buses. Used online check-in and we received the building we requested and the room was ready when we arrived at 10:30am....nice surprise.
Things I didn't like - we weren't sold on how the Peppermill operated. There was a long line just to be seated and there were a lot of tables open....just didn't make sense. I liked the choice of food compared to other food courts but it was confusing when it was crowded...it was hard to tell who was on what line, etc. CM's weren't as nice as they were at other resorts (there were a couple of exceptions). Not sure why the marina was closed - it said seasonal....guess you can only rent boats in the summer?? Not sure.
I think that's all I can think of for now!

MNNHFLTX
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing your observations. Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate too, for many of the same reasons you listed (although I must agree that the set-up for the Peppermill leaves a lot to be desired, especially at breakfast!)

Giselle
04-20-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with you on every point. Great transportation, nice pool. Not-so-great food court. A tad less friendly (must be the mgmt) but great rooms. POFQ is my close 2nd favorite with not as good transportation and theming but easy to get around and good pool and restaurant.

buzz2001
04-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Welcome back! Thanks for sharing!

The marina being closed is just one of those economic things to save money. It may open by Mothers Day weekend.

mjm12000
04-20-2010, 03:32 PM
So jealous of you, I love the CSR it is so beautiful and relaxing, I am glad you enjoyed it. I am always the first to go on and on about how great I think the CSR is, I know it gets a bit of flack from people who do not like it (personally I question if some of them have actually stayed there) but it is and always will be one of my favorites. The pool and theming of the resort alone is enough to make me come back over and over.

CrazyStudent
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Glad you liked CSR

:thumbsup:

I personally didn't care for Pepper Mill but loved the Maya Grill. Workout room also was nice, ditto for the efficient, fast bus service. The resort is quiet and beautiful at night, no?

Kairi_7378
04-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. CSR is where I am leaning toward going for our next trip. (Although I am torn because I was very happy with our stay at FQ.)

Bohms4
04-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. CSR is where I am leaning toward going for our next trip. (Although I am torn because I was very happy with our stay at FQ.)

Kari - definitely give CSR a try....I don't think you'll be disappointed. It really is beautiful and serene at night....moreso over any other moderate.

Disnamic Duo
04-22-2010, 04:18 PM
We love CSR. One of the main things we love about it is the GREAT CS food at Pepper Market! We think it's the best at WDW. But the resort itself is beautiful! We've been traveling around, staying at different WDW resorts (just like trying different ones), but we've decided CSR is the only moderate we want to stay at from now on.

Kenny1113
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree with you that the resort is nice and quiet and rooms are decent. I also agree with you on CMs. I definately agree with you on peppermarket!!!! Very frustrating set up, I also found it pricey for the quality.

renecat
04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Haven't stayed at CSR since it first opened. My favorite moderate was POFQ. We have since graduated to deluxes and I'm not sure if I can ever go back. I guess if it came to not being able to go if I stayed deluxe I could do it. (I hope!)

Stich8818
04-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. We just booked for this resort. I cannot wait till September!

rmsongs
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
We've stayed at CSR twice and had two VERY different experiences. Our first stay was in the Cabanas section and we loved it. The second time we stayed in Casitas and were very disappointed. The Casitas side was loud and poorly-maintained. I posted right after our trip (11/08) and mentioned a long list of problems. We're big fans of the Pepper Market: We liked the variety and didn't find anything confusing about it. Someone also mentioned it being "pricey"; I don't know about that because we were on a DP. The one thing I thought was weird was that a server took our drink orders and brought the drinks, meaning we felt obligated to tip even though it's a counter service restaurant. As far as the resort staff; I agree that the staff at CSR that I encountered (with the exception of the front desk staff, which was excellent) seemed a little less "Disney-ish" than other CMs we've run into. One fellow at the Concierge desk gave me wrong information about XMHs. Luckily, another guest overheard what the concierge told me and set me straight. That being said, I would stay at CSR again, but only on the Cabanas side.