PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Upgrade

TinyDancer
04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
If I am planning two trips within one year, but am planning on getting the dining plan for the first trip and (hopefully) free dining for the second trip, can I purchase a MYW ticket for the first trip to take advantage of the dining plan and then upgrade to an AP? Then for the (hopefully) free dining, I'd have to buy a one day MYW ticket, is that correct? I'm sorry, this is another confusing question!!! The total of the two trips would be around 15 or 16 days.

Thanks again in advance!!

faline
04-20-2010, 10:12 AM
You can upgrade your ticket as you indicate. However, there is no guarantee that Disney will offer free dining and, if they do, they may require more than a one-day ticket purchase in order to take advantage of what is offered. If free dining is offered and if Disney makes no changes to the package's terms and conditions from prior years, then you could do as you are suggesting.

Strmchsr
04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I understand what you're trying to do. However, if I remember correctly Disney has closed that loophole about only buying a 1 day MYW ticket for "free" dining. I haven't tried that, but I saw a thread on here somewhere recently that you could no longer do that. Of course, there's no hint that "free" dining will even be offered this year and if it is I would expect it to be the CS variety.