PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana or Tokyo Dining

Disney4us2
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
I need to choose between the two. What are the likes and dislikes of each? Will be making ADR in a few days.

Thanks

mook3y
04-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Ohana is the one "must do" eating experience four our family. Our kids absolutely love that place! Plus, if you time it right, you get to watch wishes too!

BONUS - Score!!!

SingingLights
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Our family loves Ohana's. We like all the food and the entertainment is good and interactive for both the kids and adults. It is what the name says it is...Family.

Love it.:thumbsup:

goofynmd
04-20-2010, 09:38 AM
I suggest Ohana. In my opinion, it is unique to Disney. The food is amazing as is the entertainment. While I have never been to DisneyTokyo dining, I think similar food can be found in many cities around the US.

SBETigg
04-20-2010, 09:51 AM
I wish you could fit in both, but 'Ohana has the wow factor of the two.

MNNHFLTX
04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Not a fan of Ohana and its mountains of meat, but I love the sushi at Tokyo Dining--it's very fresh and flavorful!

MOJoe
04-20-2010, 12:16 PM
These are very different dining experiences. O'Hana's offers family style dining with a fixed menu and tons of food. There are games and entertainment as well. A meal here is an event that can take 2 hours. It's a fun, lively place many people love. You can also bet your last Disney Dollar that someone will be celebrating something, either a wedding, birthday, or other special occasion here.

Tokyo Dining is a much more reserved restaurant. You have one of the largest varieties of menu items to choose from, and the service here is refined and polite. No limbo or coconut races allowed! The only similarities i can think of, is that both places have a limited view of the evening fireworks. But that's about it.

Both are great at what they do, but what they do is quite different. If you want your meal to be a "special event" then i'd pick O'Hana's. But for a relaxed, even romantic meal with plenty of food choices for anyone, then Tokyo Dining is where i'd go.

Disney4us2
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
These are very different dining experiences. O'Hana's offers family style dining with a fixed menu and tons of food. There are games and entertainment as well. A meal here is an event that can take 2 hours. It's a fun, lively place many people love. You can also bet your last Disney Dollar that someone will be celebrating something, either a wedding, birthday, or other special occasion here.

Tokyo Dining is a much more reserved restaurant. You have one of the largest varieties of menu items to choose from, and the service here is refined and polite. No limbo or coconut races allowed! The only similarities i can think of, is that both places have a limited view of the evening fireworks. But that's about it.

Both are great at what they do, but what they do is quite different. If you want your meal to be a "special event" then i'd pick O'Hana's. But for a relaxed, even romantic meal with plenty of food choices for anyone, then Tokyo Dining is where i'd go.

It is just DD and I traveling. DD and I love Japanese food and sushi. My daughter also liked the menu at Ohana's. From your description it sounds like she would enjoy Ohana's. We both enjoy fine dinning as well and have LeCellier booked:cloud9:

Kaps
04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Ohanas is a must every time we go. We eat there twice

DadTriton
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
kids loved it and I like grilled food.
We are going there for breakfast for the 1st time in May!

ThanxForNoticin
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
We really like both these places. Tokyo Dining is a very nice place for dinner. But 'OHana is one of our favorite dining experiences anywhere. If given the choice of 'OHana or anyplace else, we'd likely head to 'OHana.

mainemajor
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Ohanas dessert is great!:party2:

GrmGrninGost
04-24-2010, 10:04 AM
The "fun factor" at 'Ohana makes it my choice! :mickey: