PDA

View Full Version : Crowds just prior to Thanksgiving

sydzach
04-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Ok, so we were having dinner with some very close friends last night, they have annual passes to DW and so they go probably 6-8 times a year. I mentioned to them we were going the week leading up to Thanksgiving, days at the parks, 20th-24th, coming home on Thanksgiving day the 25th. I told them they should go with us that week and they immediately said, NO WAY, it will be way too crowded. Now, they just got back from DW after going a couple weeks ago for spring break. We went last year for spring break, and that was the most crowded I had ever seen DW. SOOO, I mentioned to them, if you went during spring break, how can days just prior to Thanksgiving be worse?? They never really responded but from what I have read on this site, Thanksgiving day and the weekend after have been reported as VERY busy. However, the days leading up, I have not read those days are as crowded as actual Thanksgiving day and the Friday, Saturday after.

We are going regardless of the crowd and I am looking foward to much cooler temps than what we normally experience. But, her response really surprised me because of my impressions of how crowded it was last year at spring break. I would be interested in your opinions.

Strmchsr
04-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Monday and Tuesday of the week of Thanksgiving aren't too bad, but Wednesday through Sunday is generally packed, especially at MK.

sydzach
04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks, we will have 5 days, I am sure we can hit MK earlier and maybe go to Epcot, HS or AK on that Wed. My kids love MK but if we can get there earlier in our stay-have to see what night has the extra hours as well when the calendar comes out for Nov, we would be fine spending our last day at another park.

Dakota Rose
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I was so happy to see this thread posted today. We are kicking around the idea of going over Thanksgiving, spending Sun-Wed at the World.

Anyone else have feedback for us? :)

awaggett
04-20-2010, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't worry. We were there for the entire week last year. The crowds were probably the worst on Friday (day after Thanksgiving) at AK. We spent Tuesday and Thursday at MK and Wednesday at DHS. There were crowds, but it was definitely manageable. We were able to do a lot more than we expected and had a great trip.

Jasper
04-20-2010, 02:58 AM
This has been our traditional time for going to Disney World and have always found the crowds to be very reasonable. As others have already said, the crowds are at their worst starting Wednesday and thereafter but since you are leaving Thanksgiving you will be in good shape.

sydzach
04-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the replies, I have read different reports, some saying it was VERY busy last year Thanksviving week, some saying it really is not bad until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving-bottom line, we will have a great time regardless of the crowd size.