PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Planning

DisnIse
04-19-2010, 10:54 AM
We took our first Disney cruise last summer, and I recall that they were giving incredible deals prior to our cruise. We had booked, and paid for, our cruise about 2 years before, so we couldn't take advantage of the deals; BUT....

Do they generally run last-minute deals throughout the summer, or do you think last summer was an anomaly because of the economy?

I'd LOVE to surprise the kids and do a last-minute cruise in July.... but I don't want to be obsessing about something that is not likely to happen.

MarkC
04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't have an answer but would like to know more about that myself. Is there a website or agency that has great deals offered at the last minute, whether it be one week or 3 months in advance. We're almost to the point where the kids will be out of the house and we have some real flexibility to take some cheap vacations with only a little notice. Thanks.

TammiMcMan
04-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Waiting can be a double edged sword. As a category sells out, the price goes up and not down. If the ship is having a problem selling out though, there could be shipboard credits or kids sail free offers. I think those discounts had a lot to do with the economy and it's hard to predict if they'll be offered again. The best overall last minute deals seem to be for Florida residents.

ElenitaB
04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
My advice is to book your cruise with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). On both of the cruises that we booked with them, they were able to apply the offers that appeared closer to our sailing dates to our reservation. :thumbsup:

Ed
04-21-2010, 08:01 AM
My advice is to book your cruise with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). On both of the cruises that we booked with them, they were able to apply the offers that appeared closer to our sailing dates to our reservation. :thumbsup:

:ditto:

Nanci and the other good folks at MJ excel in setting up cruise vacations. :thumbsup:

Imalismom
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
I just purchased a book "Alaska Cruises & Ports of Call 2010" (I am cruising to Alaska in 2011).

In reading the book they mentioned that last year the cruise lines took a major hit. From page 1, this is what they had to say:

Bookings were so slow that cruise lines were forced to pull out their bag of tricks, including all-time low fares in an attempt to lure more travelers

Where this is talking about Alaska cruising, I bet it probably was cruising in general.

Does that mean there will not be more "bag of tricks"? I don't know, however, I also recommend that you work with a great TA and agency. Magical Journeys is a very good one, and when I have worked with them, I have loved their service and attention to detail.