PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Or CSR??

DisneyPrincess21
04-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I am doing a split stay with CBR and then I will be staying at another resort for 2 days. I originally have booked CSR for my other half of the split stay, but now I am rethinking it. I am torn between Port Orleans French Quarter and Coronado Springs Resort.

I have stayed at POFQ before and liked the small size of the resort, and I really enjoyed the boat to DTD that is a Huge plus for me.

I have never stayed at CSR before. The food court seems to have a better selection, but I don't like the added 10% automatic gratuity. I also do like the theme of the resort, but after hearing from some people that it wasn't "Disney" enough, I am not sure I am 100% sold.

Which would you pick and why?

garymacd
04-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I really should not have voted. I have never stayed at CSR. My mind's eye has it as about the same size as CBR, which I have always found daunting.

CSR does look amazing in scope, though, and I would love to try it out some day; but I just love POFQ.

PetefromRI
04-19-2010, 06:56 AM
I voted for POFQ but if you've never been to CSR then you should really try it.Who knows,it may be your new favorite moderate resort.The pool area is fantastic and the transportation is probably the best on grounds.

RAIDER
04-19-2010, 07:12 AM
I would go for CSR its more of a relaxing place for me

Giselle
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I love both resorts and it was a hard call, but I voted CSR because I like the sandy beaches and quiet pool. They also had a nice store and good transportation. We are staying at POFQ in 11 days because my DD6 and DH like it best due to its size. They are both great, but I encourage trying a new one, it can't hurt and may be your new fave.

DisneyPrincess21
04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
I love both resorts and it was a hard call, but I voted CSR because I like the sandy beaches and quiet pool. They also had a nice store and good transportation. We are staying at POFQ in 11 days because my DD6 and DH like it best due to its size. They are both great, but I encourage trying a new one, it can't hurt and may be your new fave.

If I wasn't staying at CBR pirate room, I might pick CSR over POFQ if it was due to the beaches also. But since I will be getting my beach time in at CBR it isn't a big factor for me.

I think POFQ has won over. On Friday & Saturday we will be spending most of our time at DTD, so we have decided to go with POFQ because we would rather spend our time on a boat ride, rather than a bus ride.

PiratesCove
04-19-2010, 08:02 PM
POFQ is my vote, we love it there!

Bohms4
04-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Just got back from CSR and I've stayed at all of the other moderates. For me all of the moderates have the same Disney feel - I didn't feel more Disney at one than the other...at all.
You can't go wrong with either POFQ or CSR.