PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some May 2011 Advice!

Bean Bunny
04-18-2010, 01:49 PM
We're just starting to make our plans for a trip to the World for next May, sometime in the first few weeks. We just realized that Easter is pretty late next year (April 24th!) and it's throwing off my planning abilities! I'm assuming the week of Easter (4/24-4/30) will be holiday rates and will also probably be pretty crowded. It seems our group is leaning towards going the 1st week of May, but the crowds are definitely a big factor in our decision. We typically enjoy the crowd levels in May, and definitely want to avoid any remaining holiday crowds. If we flew in on that 4/30-5/1 weekend, do you think attendance will be back to normal for the first week of May? Or is it better to just wait and go the 2nd week of May? :confused:

faline
04-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd probably go the second week of May just to be sure the Easter crowds had cleared out.

the other micki
04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I love May! However, I noticed also that Easter is really late next year! I think you will probably be okay with the first week. It will be a full week after Easter, and when May hits, people start thinking about final exams and graduations. But if your schedule is flexible...you may want to follow Faline's advice just to be on the super safe side.

Bean Bunny
04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
The late holiday definitely makes things a little harder to predict. I see that Grad Nights for 2011 are the first two weekends of May instead of late April, too. I'm also wondering how the holiday will impact the Cheerleading Competitions held in late April this year and the value resorts. Other than that, I would think that things would calm down a week after Easter.

But, hey, I'm never one to complain about a trip to Disney!! :mickey: Thanks for the input, and I'm sure no matter which week we choose to go, we'll still have a great time!

mickey_M_lvr
04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
OMG! I am glad you brought that up. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I think I will plan for a different time since May seems to be confusing as far as crowd prediction goes. Thanks for helping me out....without even knowing. ;)