PDA

View Full Version : Poly Or Contemporary?

DisneyPrincess21
04-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I am trying to decide between spending our last 2 nights at either the Poly Standard Room with Garden View or Contemporary Garden Wing Standard View. (We will be attending the Night Of Joy on both of these nights, and I wanted to stay close to the MK for that reason.)

I have never stayed at either resort and I am trying to decide which I should pick.

The difference in price is $108 more to stay at the Poly over the Contemporary.

Which would you pick and why?

buzznwoodysmom
04-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I voted for the Poly mainly because its my favorite resort. We've only stayed there once, but we loved every minute of it. For me the appeal of staying at the Contemporary is to stay in the tower, so for me a garden view would not cut it. But that's just my personal opinion. Do you have, or plan to have any ADRs on those two nights? If you plan to have an ADR at the CR then I'd go with that, if you plan to have an ADR at the Poly then go with it.

Donald's Girl
04-17-2010, 11:56 PM
The only way I would ever stay at the Contemporary is with a tower MK view. As for the Poly, we've only stayed in Garden Views and both times the rooms and views were just wonderful! I don't think any other resort at WDW has better Garden Views!
To me, it's well worth the extra money!

DisneyPrincess21
04-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I voted for the Poly mainly because its my favorite resort. We've only stayed there once, but we loved every minute of it. For me the appeal of staying at the Contemporary is to stay in the tower, so for me a garden view would not cut it. But that's just my personal opinion. Do you have, or plan to have any ADRs on those two nights? If you plan to have an ADR at the CR then I'd go with that, if you plan to have an ADR at the Poly then go with it.

No we don't have any ADR's. We will be attending the Night Of Joy on both nights so we will probably eat at our resort QS or a QS in the park.

pianobabe
04-18-2010, 09:27 AM
We have never stayed at either resort, but we have eaten at both of them on multiple trips. I voted for Poly, because I like the feel of it when I am there. For me, it has a more relaxed atmosphere. Contemporary has more of a cold, almost impersonal feel to me. I would stay at either, but Poly would be my choice.

DisneyNut6777
04-18-2010, 09:41 AM
:mickey: I have always dreamed about staying at the CR since I was a child visiting in the mid 70's. Last year my DW and I had dinner at the California Grill and the meal was fantastic along with the service, the resort itself seemed very nice, it does not seem to have much in the way of a disney theme except for the Concourse area (Monorails, Chef Mickey's). I did not go all over the hotel either. If I could stay there I still probably would, but I would atleast like to stay in the tower with a MK view also. DW and I are headed down with her Mother and Brother in early December of this year and our going to stay at the Polynesian (for the first time) and are excited about it. I still hope to stay at the CR later on in life, but who knows the Poly might just ruin me for all other resorts!:D Hope so!! Either way you would enjoy your stay at either one. Have fun! Also, we are staying in a garden room.

GrmGrninGost
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Had to vote for Poly, but if you were thinking of staying in the tower at the Contemporary I might reconsider. It is very nice ( IMHO ) and it's so convenient to be able to walk to MK (10 minutes).

beksy
04-18-2010, 10:30 AM
:mickey:I stayed at the Contemporary in January but we had a MK view. For me, that is the only place I would want to stay in the Contemporary and if I wasn't staying in that area, I would go with the Poly. I'm hoping to stay there on our next trip after our next trip! The theming on the grounds and the lobby is awesome and if you have to go out and into a different building to get to restaurants and the monorail anyway, I want to have that gorgeous atmosphere! Enjoy!

DisneyorBust
04-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Another vote for the Polynesian resort. Why?
Love the feel of the resort, very relaxing.
Transportation options: Monorail to both MK and Epcot.
We tried the Contemporary once, probably never again unless a MK view Tower was part of the plan.
Felt like a 'hotel' a nice one for sure, but a hotel none the less.
The garden wing seems far from most of the happenings at the resort.

Jeff
04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
We have stayed at both.
As others have said, IF you had a Contemporary Tower room I MIGHT change my vote but probably not.

My family loves the Poly. We like the "feel" of the place, the food, the grounds, the ease of transportation.

For us the Contemporary seems to have a "sterile" feel to it. I can't really explain; but, as I said, we have stayed at both and we like the Poly much better.

CU Tiger
04-20-2010, 12:12 PM
The contemporary is neat, but we feel the Poly just offers a little more.:mickey:

Pocahontas
04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
The contemporary just doesn't have the feel I like. Location is great, but the atmosphere is a little blah for me.

Poly has everything I love - atmosphere, location, my favorite resturant ('Ohanas), and absolutely beautiful grounds!

billandlaura
04-21-2010, 11:42 PM
How much time are you going to be at the resort versus in the Parks? With the CR, you can walk to MK. Both are handy, but the CR is handiest when it comes to MK. If you are not going to be in the room much, save the dollars. Otherwise, go with the Poly.

Mousemates
04-22-2010, 11:49 AM
To me the answer to your question depends on three things.

Number one--how much time are you actually going to spend in your room...our favorite actual rooms at WDW (beds/space/layout) are the CR hands down (thou thus far we have only stayed in the tower--but i think the rooms are pretty much the same in the wing).

Number Two - How much time are you actually going to stay at the resort. To us the pool area, the walking trails (nothing like a walk over to the GF to enjoy the orchestra and buy one of those big fizzy bath balls), the restaurants, and the general laid back feel of the place make it one of the nicest resorts to spend time in.

Number Three - do you prefer the ability to walk home form the magic kingdom...or would you prefer to be able to walk to either a monorail to MK and a monorail to Epcot (which you can easily do at many of the longhouses at the Poly).

goofy-4-disney
04-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I voted for the Poly room. After staying at both, I just enjoy the atmosphere a lot more at Poly. Also the restaurants, theming, and pool areas, in my opinion, are better/more enjoyable at the Poly.