PDA

View Full Version : Poly Questions

DisneyPrincess21
04-17-2010, 10:47 PM
We are considering using our 40% off discount to stay at the Poly for our last 2 nights during Night Of Joy. We have never stayed in a deluxe before so this is all very new to us.

What are the perks to staying at Poly?

We will have to choose the cheapest room which would be the standard room with the garden view. What building are these rooms located in?

What building should I request to be close to the transportation for MK, I would prefer to take either the boat or monorail. My father needs the closest building he can get, as he cannot walk long distances due to his arthritis. Is there a building that is close to both the transportation and gift shop/restaurant's?

Is it really worth $210 dollars over my previous room (CBR pirate room)

What are the pro's and con's to staying at poly?

Need lots of help talking the family into spending the extra $210, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

:wave:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-19-2010, 04:19 PM
I've never stayed at the Poly but, aspire to! We visit the Poly each trip multiple times and while we've never "lived" there, it feels like home to us!

Here are our reasons to keep visiting:
1. Ohana's
2. Tonga Toast and Dole Whips at Captain Cook's.
3. Kona coffee
4. Boutiki shops
5. Watching Wishes from the beach (your backyard!)
6. Watching the Electrical Water Parade
7. The variety of transportation options - monorail, boat, bus.
8. Proximity to other resorts for dining options and almost effortless resort hopping.
9. Wonderful theming
10. The "Poly-ness" can't be beat! :tikki: :tikki: :tikki:

marlaine
04-19-2010, 08:51 PM
We've stayed at The Poly the last 5 years in GV. We absolutely love the Nuie and Roratonga buildings. They are both a couple of steps from the Great Ceremonial House (they have a monorail station inside). Both buildings are also very close to the boat that takes you to MK.
Is it worth the extra money to stay there? Absolutely! We just love it there. The pools are really nice, the on site restaurants are really good. The rooms are large. The staff is efficient and courteous.
My DS was very young when we started staying there. I always requested the bottom floor. It really made things easy (although they have elevators if you want a 2nd or 3rd floor room).
Have a great stay! :lei:

CU Tiger
04-20-2010, 12:10 PM
The main perk about the Poly is its' location. You are on the monorail loop, view of whishes, access to the lake activities, and access to other hotels and FW activities. Poly has a fairly good pool my DW like, a good beach, good places to eat, and a neat theme. We love the Poly. :mickey:

DadTriton
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
See post #2
We stayed there a week. The rooms are the largest in the park.
You cannot beat the view or the theme.
You can easily get to MK via boat or tram or a short walk to the TTC to tram to Epcot.
My favorite resort!

Only cons (maybe):
Very popular resort it is always nearly full and most people off site like to drop in for a look-see or to go to Ohana to so it can get busy in the main house.
All resorts by the MK hear and view the MK music, fireworks, boat horns, trains, TTC trams, TTC people etc. That is: don't expect piece and quiet.

Polynesian Dweller
04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
See post #2
Only cons (maybe):
Very popular resort it is always nearly full and most people off site like to drop in for a look-see or to go to Ohana to so it can get busy in the main house.
All resorts by the MK hear and view the MK music, fireworks, boat horns, trains, TTC trams, TTC people etc. That is: don't expect piece and quiet.

That makes it sound noisy and it really isn't. The trains are at MK and only the whistle us heard. I have never heard the TTC trams at the Poly or the TTC people. Maybe on the most easterly rooms at Tahiti but not in the rooms we've ever been in and certainly not Tokelau building which I would suggest. It's fairly central to everything.

I don't know what distance limitations your father will have but the Poly grounds are not as spread out as they ate sometimes thought to be. Actually they are fairly tiny as can be seen on Google earth. From tokelau the GHC, the resort launch to MK and the TTC are no more than about 3-5 minutes for me at normal walking length. Hope that helps and be sure to check the maps on Google.

It will be peaceful and I think you will love it.

minnie-mouse
05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
We just stayed at the Poly and I have to tell you it is worth the extra money over CBR (we have stayed there previously). If your family is going to spend a lot of time at MK or Epcot, the time you save by just using the monorail/boat over the bus system, is totally worth it. With tired kids, the last thing we wanted to do was wait for a bus every time we went anywhere.

Also, the nights were so exciting for our little ones (4 & 6) to sit on the beach and watch the electric water show and fireworks every night. The pool is just awesome for little ones and they beach too.

I highly recommend the Poly with the discount.

#1disneyfan
05-01-2010, 09:45 PM
It is definitely worth it even if just once, just to say you have experienced it.

As far as the "noise" that was posted above, I actually liked hearing the boat and train horn. Makes me remember where I am regardless of what I am doing at the resort!

And make sure you take the time to sit on the beach and enjoy the scenery!

Also, for someone who has difficulty walking, I would recommend a building that is close to the main ceremonial house. Look at the maps for the resorts here and make your decision that way. And I think that the resort is somewhat spread out, especially when you are walking back to your room after a LONG day in the parks!

Genie1953
05-02-2010, 02:20 AM
This thread makes me want to stay at the Poly for at least part of our next trip.

mickeefan
05-02-2010, 10:50 AM
We love the Poly and the convenience to everything. When staying garden view our preference is Samoa. On one side is the volcano pool and on the other is the quiet pool. It's close to the beach being next to the Hawaii building and close to the GCH.
Both Ohana and Kona Cafe are great places to eat.
It's very easy to get hooked on this resort.

Nekochan
05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I loved the poly and wish I could afford to spend the money again - I'd be there in a heartbeat. The lapu lapu is an absolutely wicked drink (it's basically two mai tais in a pineapple)

Next trip I'm trying the Coronado, but I'll rent a car so I don't have to keep waiting for a bus.

Bellelover
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
There is a beautiful beach!!!
An amazing view of the castle!
Great food and amazing rooms.
I have stayed there two times and it is an amzing place to be!!