PDA

View Full Version : *Your party may be split between two tables*

wdwluv
04-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Any body make a reservation when you got this message online?

How did it end up?

I'm trying desperately to get a reservation for a Kona dinner, and the only one I can get for my stay comes up with this message! Dare I risk it as a family of 5? (not like it is a large party of adults that might not mind being split up)

Strmchsr
04-17-2010, 05:59 PM
I've had that twice. Once we were split up (DW & DS sat at one table and my other DS and I were at another). The other time we were all together. If it says "you may be split up" then you have to accept that risk if you make the ADR.

tinxmom
04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
We were recently a party of nine and we had this happen with every ADR. It was never a problem because the tables were right next to each other.

Amy_617
04-17-2010, 06:17 PM
We got this message on a couple of our ADR's as well. I thought it was a glitch in the system or something because we are only a party of 3. DH, DS (22 months), and myself. I hope they really aren't going to split us up! That would be horrible!

Kenny1113
04-17-2010, 07:30 PM
We were a party of nine and we were told this in march at San angel inn. We were lucky we all sat together at a larger table.

gerald72
04-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Thats rediculous that they would split a party of three. If I were you, I'd put the baby at a table by herself just to make a point.

beksy
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
On our last 2 trips we were a party of 3 and had that at a few restaurants. We didn't have any problems. At Kona we were sat at one table. One time at 50's we were split and another time we were together. When we were split it was like two two-person tables next to each other with a long bench along the wall running behind them. We didn't feel like we were even seperated.

wdwluv
04-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh and I lied - got confused - it was Boma I was getting that message for.

And I ended up making the reservation.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. :mickey:

(crossing my fingers for GETTING a chef mickey reservation on our first night too. I'm even going to try walking up that evening, if I can't get one online)

Strmchsr
04-18-2010, 01:22 PM
(crossing my fingers for GETTING a chef mickey reservation on our first night too. I'm even going to try walking up that evening, if I can't get one online)

Just an FYI, Chef Mickey's stays pretty packed. Don't count on a walk-up. If you don't have to have it for a certain night you can try lots of different times and days and possibly get in, but I don't think I've ever seen a walk-up taken at Chef Mickey's, though I've seen plenty turned away.

wdwluv
04-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Thank everyone! You guys are so awesome! I can wait to be pro enough to help others!

Strmchsr - that's good to know. I think we will still try - but this way we can be prepared that it is very unlikely to get in.

TheDuckRocks
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Dawn - give the dining phone line a call, we had that split table thing come up on one of our ADRs our last trip and when I called they were able to find a time to secure one table for us. Also if you call something might pop up on your Chef Mickey ADR too. You might just get lucky.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Last October, with our party of 13, I had this standard script read to me for every ADR I made. Only once did we actually sit at separate tables but, they were right next to each other. This was at 1900 Park Fare. Everywhere else, we were all seated together. (ohana's, boma's)

SingingLights
04-20-2010, 10:03 AM
This past Christmas we had 21 in our party and we were split up 2 out of the 5 times we ate together but it was OK. The tables were close by and with a group that large it is hard to heard the conversation at the other end of the table, anyway.

wdwluv
04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks again everyone!

I keep try, try, trying again for that Chef Mickey online! I've been calling too - but not as much. (gosh I wish that was an 800 number!!)

The last time I spoke to a dining rep - she said so many don't cancel, they just don't show, and she's never NOT gotten into Chef Mickey with a walk up. But I didn't check what time of year she's done that. (maybe hopefully since I'm at a moderate time of year I will get lucky with a walk up) My hubby doesn't want to try - cuz he's worried the kids will be so disappointed if we don't get in once they've seen it!! But I thought maybe he could just take a "tour" with the kids while I go and try and get in. But here's hopin' we don't even have to do that and I get lucky with a reservation.