PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! Back to the World/Pt. 3 Dining

ravsluvdisney
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM
We tried one new dinner this time around - Rose & Crown. Our ADR was late enough that we would be able to catch Illuminations. The meal was a hit with us all....my younger DS had his usual kid's meal stuff, our older DS - now an "adult" diner (ouch!!) had the fish and chips which he totally enjoyed. DW had the pot roast that got a thumbs up and I had the steak which was delicious. The highlight was my DS10 ordering the Sticky Toffee Pudding, which we told him he might not like but he said he had toffee at a friend's house and loves it. Who knew!! :secret: He got it and emptied the plate!

Watching the light show was great because they lead you right around the backside of the restaurant to a roped off section at the water's edge - very "Disney" way to end the evening! :fworks:

Had a dinner at Pinocchio's at MK - suprisingly good and we never realized that was the spot where people are waving at you as you start off on IASW - until we grabbed those seats! the boys had fun getting folks to wave, give peace signs, thumbs up, etc. Also did CP at MK with its usual tasty, buffet fare. And of course we hit up O'Hana's which was spot on this go around. My older DS discovered the joys of those wings - yummmm - and the meats were all juicy to go along with those great dipping sauces. Two big :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And not sure if I mentioned this on my parks posting but we lunched at Yak & Yeti, got 3 honey chicken orders. The food came in chinese take-out type containers with rice, broccoli. The chicken was very good BUT - one of these orders could definately be split by two people. Yes, a place where you actually get some bang for your buck!! Even the sodas were huge. And we didn't get around to it but I owe my older DS a turkey leg big time!

Overall, no real food issues to speak of. We plan on making our next trip a longer one and I am making it my mission to look into several new dining adventures with the help of my Intercot family!! :beer::chef:

Next up: Random Thoughts

faline
04-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Some tasty dining! It's always fun to try new places!

wdwluv
04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
What time was your Rose and Crown reservation. (how'd you work out the timing?):mickey:

Pirate Granny
04-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I try to book around 8pm...for dinner...we've been lucky (?) enough to be seated outside along the water a couple of times...we ate 'ash' in our dessert as the wind was blowing our way both times...one time we were on the patio to the side (near where they have a beer garden type place) and that worked fine...although cold as it was December and we were in our hats and coats...but they had the plastic down and ceiling heaters...still cold...but the fireworks were fabulous...
:pirate:

DisneyorBust
04-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Enjoyed the dining report, one of these trips I need to give Rose and Crown a try. Possibly try for a late ADR to view Illuminations, sounds like a great way to spend the evening.

jillluvsdisney
04-17-2010, 07:24 PM
My Dad and I had lunch at Yak and Yeti. It was one of ther nicest meals of our trip. Our server was great and we loved the food.

KylesMom
04-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I hear you about your DS being an "adult" diner.

Sounds like your dining experiences were all good ones. Isn't it fun to try new places? I think we've got three new adventures on our upcoming trip!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Your lunch at Yak & Yeti sounds great. And O'Hanas is on my list to go to --- someday.:mickey:

yjgirl32
04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Another great report.

vizsla
04-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: