PDA

View Full Version : Your vote for best resort kids pool?

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I've done some investigating and at least elsewhere its says the Beach or Yacht club resorts pools are best.

Is that your feeling as well?

CU Tiger
04-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I agree with what you found out and that the Beach and Yacht club pool is probably the best. I rather be at the Poly, but the pool is not as good.:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-16-2010, 12:36 PM
It would be hard to argue with Stormalong Bay at BC/YC. That pool is amazing. Although I will say the new Kidani pool (a DVC pool) looks like a lot of fun for the kids, too.

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 12:41 PM
What would be your second best kids pool?

(hopefully DVC is not tooooo far into our future as an option :mickey:)

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Depending on the age of the children... my kids would probably vote for any pool with clean water. :D

Lisaj13
04-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Since we can't afford a deluxe resort I'll vote for the pool at POFQ. My daughter loved the sea serpent slide. But yes, she'd love any pool with a slide.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Other than Stormalong Bay (one day we'll get to stay there!), I would also recommend POFQ/POR. My daughter is quite a swimmer, and she loves the pools at FQ/POR. Both have slides and a bit of neat theming.

A bonus is that you get to use both pools, so you get two "neat" pools when you stay at Port Orleans.

buzznwoodysmom
04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
My kids and nephews (ages 7, 7, 9, and 13 at the time) loved the pool at CBR. My boys (ages 9 and 7 this past Nov.) loved the pool at Yatch and Beach Club, but my favorite pool was at the Poly. I liked the Poly pool because I could see my kids pretty much no matter where they were. I have one who loves to play in the sand and one who loves those slides. I could find a spot to sit and see both of them almost anywhere they were. I couldn't always see the one on the slide, but I'd see him coming and going from it. Stormalong Bay was a wonderful pool complex, but I'd never recommend it for parents with children of varying ages. Its difficult to keep up with all the different areas of the pool. It wasn't too bad for us, my boys are older, only two years apart and great swimmers, but it wouldn't have been much fun to have to try to keep an eye on the older set and have to be running after a younger child.

Pirate Granny
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM
For a kiddie pool...I vote for Pop Century...it's not a cement pool like most of the kiddie pools and it has that rubber surface 10 feet surrounding the pool and the entire pool surface. Can't beat that when little ones like to run and 'fall'.
:pirate:

BrerGnat
04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Depends on the ages of the kids.

CBR has a pretty cool play area/slides for YOUNGER kids (like, under 10).

I liked the WL and CR pool, but can't comment on how kids feel about it.

As a kid, I LOVED the pool at POR.

But, two weeks ago, we stayed at the Beach Club and, WOW, what a pool! That is the best pool I've ever been in! Anywhere! My kids are 4 and 5. We had no issues with them in this pool. It is such a fun pool, that DH and I were in there with them the whole time. I thought the people lounging around were crazy for not being IN the pool. ;) So much fun to be had there, and the whole area is visually stunning.

Lizzie
04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Is the pool at Caribean Beach a zero entry pool?

BrerGnat
04-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Is the pool at Caribean Beach a zero entry pool?

I believe so.

Jillirose
04-18-2010, 11:58 AM
BC/YC first choice, I would agree with others on Port Orleans and CB. All great pools, but BC has the best hands down! I don't remember zero entry at CB, but BC has it.

buzznwoodysmom
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I thought the people lounging around were crazy for not being IN the pool. ;) So much fun to be had there, and the whole area is visually stunning.

Hahaha, true, true! DH and I enjoyed the pool too. We had tons of fun with the boys in the sand area, the hot tubs, the whirlpool area, the slide. You name it we did it. However, the few times I did just want to relax I couldn't see my kids. I was never able to sit for more than a couple of minutes before I felt the need to be able to see them. If your the type of parents who stay in the pool with the kids playing then this is a great place to go. But, I know lots of parents also like to be able to relax at the pool watching the kids play and this is not a good place for that. Of course you could always go to the quiet pool if you want to just let the kids swim while you relax.

This is why we liked the set up at the Poly so much. One kid could be in the sand building sand castles, one kid could be playing in the pool, DH lounging in a hammock and I could be sitting at a table or in a lounge chair and we'd all be in view of each other. We could hop in the pool to play with the kids, play in the sand with them, or read a book and hardly ever have the kids out of eye site. The only time we couldn't see them was when they were headed up for the slide.

BrerGnat
04-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Hahaha, true, true! DH and I enjoyed the pool too. We had tons of fun with the boys in the sand area, the hot tubs, the whirlpool area, the slide. You name it we did it. However, the few times I did just want to relax I couldn't see my kids. I was never able to sit for more than a couple of minutes before I felt the need to be able to see them. If your the type of parents who stay in the pool with the kids playing then this is a great place to go. But, I know lots of parents also like to be able to relax at the pool watching the kids play and this is not a good place for that. Of course you could always go to the quiet pool if you want to just let the kids swim while you relax.

This is why we liked the set up at the Poly so much. One kid could be in the sand building sand castles, one kid could be playing in the pool, DH lounging in a hammock and I could be sitting at a table or in a lounge chair and we'd all be in view of each other. We could hop in the pool to play with the kids, play in the sand with them, or read a book and hardly ever have the kids out of eye site. The only time we couldn't see them was when they were headed up for the slide.

This is very true...that's why the ages of the kids really makes a big difference in what the "best" pool would be. I can't tell you how many times I've read "Stormalong Bay is not good for younger kids", and that is SO not true. In fact, I think it's the BEST pool for really young toddlers and preschoolers simply because, at that age, they better NOT be in the water alone while mom and dad are snoozing on a lounger!!! Since you have to be in there with them, it's a GREAT pool with lots of things to do.

wdwluv
04-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks sooo much everyone!

I think we will go for it and take the pack an overnight type bag - and go for the one day there! We are more the be in the pool with the kids kind of people. And gosh that sounds great that if we REALLY need a break we can go to the quiet pool!

BrerGnat
04-19-2010, 10:34 AM

I think we will go for it and take the pack an overnight type bag - and go for the one day there! We are more the be in the pool with the kids kind of people. And gosh that sounds great that if we REALLY need a break we can go to the quiet pool!

Just so we're clear, by your signature it looks like you are staying at POR in May? You can only use the pool at POR and PO French Quarter (since they are "sister" resorts). You can't "visit" other resorts pools to swim...

TikiLounger
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
I've got to vote for Stormalong Bay. Amazing.

ThanxForNoticin
04-19-2010, 12:01 PM

As BrerGnat pointed out, you won't be able to use Stormalong Bay (or the quiet pool) if you are not staying at BC, YC, or BC Villas. They will ask to see your room key to use SB.