PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic and Wishes

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I would like to do Spectromagic on our one day park visit, and possibly skip out before Wishes, or at least be as close to the door/leaving as possible so that if we need to leave it won't be impossible.

Any pointers on how to still be front row for the parade but be able to leave right after that? Is that possible? (we will probably have a car - not using Disney bus)

:mickey:

FriendsofMickey
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Sit on the curb infront of the entrances. This will allow you to be "front" row for the parade and also to be able to stay or leave when the fireworks begin.
Many times we have viewed the parade and fireworks from this area. To see the fireworks, you would want to move into the middle area where you can see down Main Street.

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 10:23 AM
How early do you think we should get to that spot to actually GET a spot there? Can I assume not super early, since most will want the good Wishes seats as well?

EeyoresBestFriend
04-16-2010, 10:28 AM
The view from the railroad platform is good too. It also allows for an easy 'escape' when the show(s) are over. If you get there early enough ( a couple hours before) you can even get chairs, if you want and sit at the railing. And it's a great spot for people watching too!

LorrieP
04-16-2010, 12:09 PM
We were there super early, like 7:00 pm, last June and tried to get seats on the railroad platform with no luck. We were able to get seats on the curb right on the corner near the Emporium.

If you get to the park early and are able to park closer to the entrance that will help.

Good luck!

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Our MK park day is Saturday, May 15th. Parade at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm that night.

So with that date and time - you think 8pm will be too late to get a seat railroad side or curbside?

FriendsofMickey
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM
It is quite possible that 8 could be too late. What I suggest is that you keep an eye on the crowd. If you start noticing people starting to sit, you probably will want to head that way and grab a seat. People will sit a good 2 hours to see the parade easily (I know I have done it.)

I will be there that night as well :mickey: However, I will probably be sitting at a table near Casey's. I have to work, so if you see someone sitting there with a labtop... that would be me. (Especially if you see two id twin girls with me... though dh might take them to play. I have to start at 5 or 6, not sure yet) I would be :( , but the alternative would be home working... so, I will be :party:

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
If I see you I will make sure to say hello! :mickey:

(I can't think of a better place to have to work! :mickey:)

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh my goodness - and it looks like you will be back in November as is our plan as well!!!! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

FriendsofMickey
04-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes, we will be back on November 27 (well, we should get their on the 26th). My girls turn 8 on the 27th and they cannot think of any other place that they would rather be to celebrate it. :mickey:

This coming (May) trip is a surprise to them. They have no idea and the secret is killing me. I have only left it slip to one person (on Tuesday). My IL nor my Parents even know. Dh has training near the Parks, so we are going to have a mini vacation while he has to train. He will miss part of a number of the days, but again we are going to be at DISNEY! :mjump:

wdwluv
04-17-2010, 12:06 PM
OH MY GOODNESS FriendsofMickey!!! THIS IS A TOTAL SURPRISE FOR MY KIDS AS WELL!!! How bazaar is that???!!! I am DYING with excitement for the surprise!!! (We are going for my 40th birthday - and thought it would be so fun to make it a surprise)

FriendsofMickey
04-17-2010, 08:39 PM
JCRKTW459: How funny. Hopefully we both can pull off the surprise! :mickey:
I also how we bump into each other, it would be really neat.