PDA

View Full Version : The Poly for Christmas spirit in early Dec?

DisneyNut6777
04-15-2010, 09:04 PM
:mickey: HO, HO, HO, !!! DW and I are taking her Mother, and older brother to WDW in Dec. How is a stay at the Polynesian for for a week in Mid early December. Thanks:mickey:

Suz36
04-15-2010, 10:58 PM
We were there in early Dec.2007, and I would say that the Poly is on the light side regarding Christmas decorations. There was some garland in the lobby, and the Christmas tree was beautiful but pretty average sized. They did put up some wonderfully creative gingerbread houses on the 2nd floor of the GCH towards the end of our stay. The Poly does offer easy access to the Grand Floridian to see their gingerbread house, and in my opinion, any stay at the Poly is fantastic!

wmdaddy
04-16-2010, 07:52 AM
The Poly just doesn't do it for me at Christmas time.

WL and GF are the best Christmas feeling resorts.

CU Tiger
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
The Poly does not do much for decorations. The little chocolate and gingerbread housed are just OK, nothing special. The other deluxe resorts have a lot more christmas decorations.:mickey:

sndral
04-17-2010, 03:48 AM
I liked the decorations last dec.. They aren't traditional colors, but it felt christmacy to me. When we went to AKL for dinner, my son commented 'hey, they have 'our' (poly) christmas color scheme.' I also enjoyed hoping on the monorail over to the GF, and of course, the MK to see more traditional decorations.

DadTriton
04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
The Poly is great any season.
The decor is more subtle than in your face - but I liked it that way.
You can get over the top Christmas decorations at the parks or monorail over to the GF.
The Poly at Christmas reminds me of that Christmas song:
How'd ya like to spend Christmas on Christmas Island?

IloveDisney71
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Mele Kalikimaka - Merry Christmas!
We stayed at the Poly for Christmas a few years ago and loved it. It may not be the most "Christmasy" (not sure if that's a real word :D) resort as far as over the top decorations go but we thought it was great. We thought there were plenty of Christmas decorations around the resort to get us in the Christmas spirit. And don't forget that the parks are decorated too.

billandlaura
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
We stayed at the Poly for Christmas 2 years ago. The resort imo is very blase for Christmas. You can't beat the GF for holiday spirit. I would even do an Epcot resort at Christmas (BC or BW) before I would do the Poly. Any other time of the year, the Poly would be my first choice. We are going back for Christmas this year and we are staying at GF.

Mousemates
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Have to agree with the others, if you are wanting the resort itself to kind of Christmas you up...however while the Poly is not "Christmas to the max" also remember that if you choose a longhouse on GF side of the resort you are a very pleasant walk from the GF and can enjoy their elegant Christmas theming for a while before returning to your island paradise. Also remember there will be lots of decorations in the parks to help get you in the Christmas spirit too, so the "Christmas-ness" of your vacation will not actually be quite as dependent upon the lobby decorations of your resort as some folks can make it seem.