PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose between mid oct. F&W or early Dec Christmas

DisneyNut6777
04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
If you had to choose between going to WDW during Oct 16 for a 6 nights/7days during F&W or stopping in on Dec 6th for a 6 night/7 days stay and you can see all the holiday decorations and attend MVMCP which one would you choose and why?:mickey: Thanks

wdw_bound
04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
We have done both - Dec 2007 and Oct 2008. We loved both trips, but they were very different. We preferred MVMCP - in fact, we went, unplanned, a second night during our trip. MNSSHP was great, too, but we are more Christmas people than Halloween. I loved the F&W festival, and so did my DD (10 at the time), but we are adventurous. I don't think it mattered one way or the other to DH and DS. We stayed at WL during the December trip, which was magical, and at FW in a cabin for the October trip, which was also a lot of fun.

It really depends. If I could only do one or the other, I'd probably pick December because of the age of my kids, and how much we all love the holidays. If the kids were not a factor, I'd probably do F&W because one day, I am going to do a solo trip and spend the entire time in the WS at Epcot...

Have a great time, whichever trip you decide upon.

RedSoxFan
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM
I've been to the F&W and have been there with the Christmas decorations. I love the holidays and would pick December in a heartbeat. So beautiful with the lights, etc.

wdwnutz
04-15-2010, 10:29 PM
We have been there during both times, December (also mid Nov) with the Xmas decorations being our favorite because it is so beautiful during the Xmas season. October is a close second with the Halloween party being the highlight.

SurferStitch
04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Ugh! You're choosing between our two favorite times to visit WDW!

That's why we did early December last year and are doing early-mid October this year. We tend to trade off from year to year. But, that doesn't help you now, does it?

If I absolutely had to choose....I guess I'd pick Christmas, but only by a small margin. We love the decorations, the feel of the parks, and MVMCP. Weather has always been pretty darn good for those trips with a couple cool days, and plenty of warm days.

Buuuuuuut.....we love the F&WF, as well as MNSSHP.

Sorry. :blush:

faline
04-16-2010, 08:01 AM
They're both great times to visit but I definitely love being there during the Christmas holiday festivities!

Mickey'sGirl
04-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Definitely October. I love the F&W Festival and the Hallowe'en Party. I love that it's still very warm (you can really get some cold snaps in December ... It's happened to us 3 times). I would absolutely go in October over ANY other time of year if I could. :thumbsup:

hoop de do
04-16-2010, 08:18 AM
We'd have to pick F&W & MNSSHP. That's a hard one though. Have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ILoveLegos
04-16-2010, 01:37 PM
No contest F&W for me. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
04-17-2010, 06:17 AM
That is a hard question because both times of the year are amazing to visit. If you are able to visit both at some point it would be awesome.

There are so many advantages for selecting either way. In the end I would have to go with October which is my favorite month to visit. In late October the weather is usually nice and warm without being too hot. December can be a bit cool at times.

I also love the F&WF and MNSSHP. I love the Halloween decorations in the MK. Another reason I pick October over December is that we are so busy in December with holiday related activities that when I have visited in December it was a difficult time for me to get away and a time of year I have a real preference for being home.

Think about what each season means to you and what Disney has to offer during each month. In December the holiday decorations are amazing and the Christmas Party is fun. Visiting the resorts and seeing their decorations and gingerbread constructions are reasons to go in themselves. Seeing the Osbourn lights is a unique experience too.

If you will only be doing this one time there is much to consider. Either way it is very nice! :mickey:

MIKESMOM
04-17-2010, 09:00 AM
I love The F&W Festival & really prefer MNSSHP over MVMCP.

Scar
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
F&W Festival. Not even close. Although everyone should see the Christmas decorations once, the F&W Festival gives reason to return annually.

PiratesCove
04-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Christmas time! We loved going to MVMCP!