PDA

View Full Version : Want a Great Offer? Stay AWAY From WDW for a While!

Goes4FastPass
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
At least that the way it seems.

A few years ago I booked a trip for a friend and made her email address an email address that forwards to me.

She had a fine time but has not been back to WDW since.

Now, she regularly gets emails from Disney offering her pin codes that I would jump on, great accommodation rates with free Dining Plan (not quick service) etc. etc. etc. Come Back! We love you! Here’s amazing offer…

The offer always includes a PIN and states it’s only for her.

I understand the Disney Company wants to entice customers who haven’t visited WDW in a while to return. I too get “come back” offers from companies I haven’t purchased from in years

I also understand, why should WDW offer a “special” to someone who is going to come stay anyway.

But as a dad/granddad who buys a WDW resort stay almost every year it’s disheartening to see WDW offers that I can’t buy.

It seems the way to get Mickey to love you is to ignore him for a while…

Disney4us2
04-15-2010, 12:58 PM
It has been 3 years since my last visit. I have never recieved a pin code or offer.

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Our last trip was December of 08. Nothing from the Big Cheese for us yet. I think he implanted a chip in my brain though and already knows we are planning on going in may of next year. :secret:

vicster
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
We go every year and have received a pin code for free quick service dining.

Tygger7
04-15-2010, 01:20 PM
There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who gets PIN codes. We had a 5 year stretch of not going to WDW, and never received any discount offers, even though I ordered a planning DVD every year. Our last trip was in 2008, and last fall I received the first PIN code that would apply to our May 2010 trip. I've since received 2 more offers, one of which my mom was able to use since she lives with us.

Trying to find a pattern or methodology to who gets PIN codes is about like trying to predict where & when a tornado will strike...5 years from now. :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-15-2010, 01:26 PM
We go at least once a year. Last year I got 7-8 pin codes throughout the year. This year none. Length between last trip seems to have little to do with whether you get one or not. Sometimes I've even gotten them when I already have a trip booked. The best way to get one is to keep your profile updated on the WDW website. Other than that, who knows?

Rekenna
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Tell me about it! Last October my sister went with us, I booked her room, paid for it-everything. I used my email address as the contact email-she has gotten no less than 5 PIN codes since late October of 2009.

Me the big, fat 0 as far as offers or PIN codes.

Ms. Mode
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
I've never had a special offer, pin code or discount of any type; I still love WDW and will be going back January 01,2011 :thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I have gone every year since 2006, and have recieved 2 pin code offers in the past 4 months. One in december and one in january. I just used January's to book a trip yesterday for september-40% off deluxe, 30% off moderate, 20% off value.

renecat
04-15-2010, 02:29 PM
At least that the way it seems.

A few years ago I booked a trip for a friend and made her email address an email address that forwards to me.

She had a fine time but has not been back to WDW since.

Now, she regularly gets emails from Disney offering her pin codes that I would jump on, great accommodation rates with free Dining Plan (not quick service) etc. etc. etc. Come Back! We love you! Here’s amazing offer…

The offer always includes a PIN and states it’s only for her.

I understand the Disney Company wants to entice customers who haven’t visited WDW in a while to return. I too get “come back” offers from companies I haven’t purchased from in years

I also understand, why should WDW offer a “special” to someone who is going to come stay anyway.

But as a dad/granddad who buys a WDW resort stay almost every year it’s disheartening to see WDW offers that I can’t buy.

It seems the way to get Mickey to love you is to ignore him for a while…
Well I have to disagree with you. I've been to Disney every year for at least the last 10 or so years. In Feb. we also did a cruise. In March I booked our annual trip for Oct. 2010. Last week I got a post card in the mail with a pin code that saved us over 1400.00. I was starting to think maybe I should have waited awhile before I booked because I figured they knew they had me so no way would I get a pin code. Well happy to admit I was wrong.
This is the first pin code I have ever gotten.

azcavalier
04-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Yep, it seems to be random. I got a number of pin codes last year, but haven't gotten a Disney Destination email in five months. Been waiting for one. My DW also signed up for the newsletter to try to get pin codes, and hasn't received one since the introductory email.

mouseketeer mom
04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I have 4 pin codes going right now, all for different offers, one that is open ended thru 12/31/10 for 40%, and I have been no stranger to the mouse. I don't know why I keep getting them. (guess cause I use them!! :blush:)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-15-2010, 04:32 PM
. The best way to get one is to keep your profile updated on the WDW website. Other than that, who knows?

As I was reading your post I had an "AHA!" moment, at least for me. I rarely login to the Disney site, but when I do, I seem to get a PIN code a couple of weeks later. It could be a fluke, but it is fun to speculate :mickey:

vicster
04-15-2010, 04:36 PM
As I was reading your post I had an "AHA!" moment, at least for me. I rarely login to the Disney site, but when I do, I seem to get a PIN code a couple of weeks later. It could be a fluke, but it is fun to speculate :mickey:

I did the same thing and got a pin today for 40% off our room!

Polynesian Dweller
04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Pin codes are totally unpredictable. We go at least once per year and sometimes twice. We get pin codes every year. Booked our next trip in March and have received 2 pin codes since. We had 3 between the time of our last trip ( Oct 2009) and March. Never have found a pattern that would make them predictable.

luvdiznee
04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
It seems with us that we are getting more pin codes with the more we go. I've already gotten 2 for this year so far and have been there already. Maybe I will get something better, if I cancel our September trip. :secret:

vicster
04-16-2010, 08:36 AM
It seems with us that we are getting more pin codes with the more we go. I've already gotten 2 for this year so far and have been there already. Maybe I will get something better, if I cancel our September trip. :secret:

We also go every year and we booked in March for September and got a pin code yesterday. We got 40% off WL which is better for us than free dining - there's only my DH and myself. So excited!!!

Stu29573
04-16-2010, 08:45 AM
I have never ever gotten a pin code...not one...

vicster
04-16-2010, 09:04 AM
I have never ever gotten a pin code...not one...

I haven't either until this year and we go every year. I got one a couple of months ago for free quick service dining and just yesterday for 40% off our room.

I requested a vacation DVD last week and all of a sudden I got a pin code e-mailed to me yesterday.

Kaps
04-16-2010, 09:16 AM
I have received one this year only for counter service dining but not for my dates.

Stu29573
04-16-2010, 09:51 AM
I request a DVD every year. This year I had to do it twice because I never got it the first time. Still no pin codes....Maybe Mickey doesn't like me?:(

peemagg
04-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I got one after my first visit to WDW 6 years ago. I haven't got another one since, and we have gone every year since then. Maybe they won't send me one because I live with a DVC member?

#1donaldfan
04-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I suppose one can rationalize that, even me, as we go every year and seldom get pins (we do from time to time though), however my Mom goes way less than we do and she gets pin codes all the time.....who knows the method to the maddness....?????:confused:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Hmmmm...We've gotten to the point where we go about three times a year, and it seems like we're getting them frequently.....

Missy_Mouses_Dad
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
We have gone every year since 1998, twice in 2008 and are going this June. I don't think we have ever received a pin code. It would be really nice to get a dining code this year for our 25th anniversary. Either way we are sure to have a fun time.

TikiLounger
04-17-2010, 09:14 AM
I posted this story on another pin code thread just a little while ago, but...I'll add it here, too.

I have never gotten a pin code addressed to me. Ever. I've visited often, signed up on the Disney web site, requested DVDs and customized maps, etc. Nothing. Then? a couple months after we got back from our trip this past January, I got a pin code in the mail. It came to our home address, but the person it was addressed to was a teenage friend of my kids. We took her with us on a trip a few years back. We paid for her trip and she was listed on our reservation. When I called to book another trip for my daughter and I for June (wouldn't have done it this soon...but I got that code), I explained the situation and they let me use the pin code even though it wasn't my name...only my address. The person I spoke to added (a bit haughtily, I might add) that this is the reason they want accurate information when booking vacations...so this kind of mix up won't happen. Hmmmm...whatever. I got to use it and we're going back much sooner because of it. I guess they should be happy that SOMEONE is sending some money their way. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I also have never gotten a pin code! And I've gone quite a few times. You'd think since we book at the Swan & Dolphin too that they'd send me a pin code to get me to book at an official resort!

javamama
04-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I have had now 4 trips book over the past 4 years 07/08/09/10 all either April or May all in my name, and no pins ever. My sister has been on three of the reservations and guess what a pin just arrived for her a few weeks ago. My parents have paid for three of the trips, and two of them were really expensive for 10 of us at the Poly and nothing for them either. It's irritating to me that some people get tons of pins and others never get just one:(

VWL Mom
04-19-2010, 09:00 AM

Same thing here, now I always log in when I look something up.

Stu29573
04-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Ok, I just went on and updated my profile....We'll see what happens...

KatrinaJ91
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I have been going practically every year since 1979, I login to the website all the time, we use the dining program, we stay onsite....pretty much everything possible! I have never gotten a pin. :confused: It really upsets me when I read about everyone getting pins and some getting multiple pins....Mickey, what have I done wrong? ;)

vicster
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
I have been going practically every year since 1979, I login to the website all the time, we use the dining program, we stay onsite....pretty much everything possible! I have never gotten a pin.

Same here - and we're shareholders! We finally got something this year which I used right away. 40% off WL is great - better than free dining for us. I don't get the rhyme or reason of who gets a pin code but I'm happy this year.