PDA

View Full Version : Dinner recipes

caryrae
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Does anyone have some Dinner recipes they like? It seems we are in a rut and making a lot of the same stuff for dinner but would like to make some different meals. Can anyone help? Any main course and/or side items would help.

Ms. Mode
04-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I know exactly what you mean, it seems like we have the same five or six dishes for dinner every week.

Have you ever taken Italian sausage cut up and sauted with green peppers and onions until browned. I simmer that with canned diced tomatoes (Itialian) for about 20 minutes to thicken and pour over noodles. It's a nice twist to spaghetti and makes a light meal served with salad. (Of course I ruin the light part by adding bread) :mickey:

caryrae
04-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Nice Thanks!! That sounds very easy and good. I usually just use sauce from a jar.

Dizneyana
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
I like Jambalaya.. I cheat and use Zatairan's rice, but you add any meat to it - sausage, shrimp, chicken, or all of the above!

Paired with a salad makes a hearty dinner. :chef:

Dznygrl79
04-15-2010, 04:20 PM
If you like tuna I take velveeta shells and cheese, large can of tuna, and sweet peas combine into a casserole.

or

Boil a few chicken breasts and then shred
Cook instant rice (we prefer white)
combine with a large can of cream of chicken soup and add a veggie (we add chopped broccoli)

Tick-Tock
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Breakfast burrito. Chop and roast potatoes in olive oil, scramble eggs, assemble in tortilla with chorizo or bacon, add green chile or salsa and cheese.

Chicken with black beans. Rice, cooked chicken (either browned in pan on stove or roasted), black beans, green chile and cheese.

Onion Chicken. Recipe on the side of cans of french-fried onions.

Roasted veggies. Red potatoes, carrots, turnips, parsnips, red onion, all chopped, plus a couple cloves of garlic. Add some olive oil mixed with thyme, salt, and pepper, and bake.

Stir-fry cauliflower with garlic, sprinkle with parsley and lemon-pepper seasoning. You can also sprinkle with pecans.

Stir-fry broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions, baby corn, etc. in wok with soy sauce.

Jalapeno cheddar corn muffins (I use a muffin mix and just add chopped jalapenos and grated cheese).

Disneymom4ever
04-16-2010, 08:41 AM
One of the easiest recipes I make is called Creamy Beef and Mac. I boil a box of macaroni noodles (only calls for 7 oz, but I boil the whole box, and add however many noodles I feel like to the pan after). Then in a pan, I fry up a pound of ground beef, add a regular jar of Prego, 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip, the boiled noodles, and stir. Put on a plate, shred a little cheese on top, and microwave to melt. Add some garlic bread with that, and you're good to go. Really quick and easy, and my family loves it!

caryrae
04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
All the ideas sound great and I have never tried any of them. Thanks

diz_girl
04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Try what I made yesterday, crock pot taco chicken -

5-6 boneless skinless thighs (or 1 1/2 lbs of whatever boneless chicken you'd like)
1 can (about 15 oz) plain diced tomatoes (try Muir Glen)
1 can (about 15 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies (try Ro-tel)
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
1 packet taco seasoning

Mix everything in a crock-pot and then heat it on low for 7-8 hours. If you like spicy foods, then make both cans of diced tomatoes the kind with green chilies. If you don'l like spicy foods at all, then just use regular diced tomatoes without the chilies. I like it a little spicy, so one can with chilies and one without seems to work for me.

You can serve this with a salad and rice and you're done. Its a low-calorie dinner, but the beans add fiber and make you feel full. It's also easy to make, because you just need to rinse the chicken and open some cans (and rinse the beans) and you're done.

I originally got this recipe from Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely, but I modified the recipe to include the beans and to change the tomatoes a little.

RedSoxFan
04-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Italian Chicken

-dip boneless chicken breast pieces in milk/egg mixture, roll in bread crumbs and fry in olive oil.

-place in glass dish (lined in tin foil for easy cleaning.

-melt 1 tbsp butter in bowl.
-add 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, dash of garlic powder, basil and oregano

-put a few drops of above mixture on each piece of chicken.

-bake 350, covered with tin foil, for 30 minutes.

We had this last night with rice pilaf, veggies and cranberry sauce.

Dulcee
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Two of our week night favorites...

Chicken with Honey and Almonds
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin, salt and pepper and dredge in flour and fry in olive and a little melted butter.

After your chicken is cooked add to your cooking oil some toasted sliced almonds, honey and some extra butter to create a sauce.

Serve with white rice and broccoli.

"Ramen" Pork Lo-Mein
Slice pork butt into about two inch long strips. Marinate in soy sauce and ginger. Toss pork in flour to coat and then fry quickly in canola oil.

Cut broccoli in florets and steam to your desired doneness (we use the microwave setting and just do it in there). Cook several packages of "ramen" noodles (we do one package per person) in water with oriental broth packages.

Drain noodles, reserving a cup or so of broth. Toss together noodles, pork and broccoli. Moisten with broth and serve topped with crispy chinese noodles.

:D Now i'm hungry...

caryrae
04-16-2010, 04:34 PM
You guys are awesome!! This is wonderful!!

Dopey's Girl
04-19-2010, 08:12 PM
My go too, especially when we can grill out, is teriyaki turkey burgers. 1lb ground turkey, 1 cup crushed corn flakes, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp soy sauce. Just mix everything together and grill (you can cook them on the stove as well, but over medium heat, so they don't burn). We usually grill some pineapple too and have that with them! They are really yummy, and are really good in the summer with a pasta salad.

d_m_n_n
04-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Our favorie right now is Chicken Fried Chops.

4 bone-in pork chops
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
3 T. worceshire (totally butchered the spelling there!)

Fry the pork chops in oil on both sides. put in a greased 9x13 pan. mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chops. cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for one hour. These come out amazingly tender and the gravy is awesome!!!

russ57
04-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Mom's Pot Roast

2 1/2 lb chuck roast
1 medium onion
1 carrot
1 stalk celery
2 cups Water
2 tbs Caraway Seed
2 Bay Leaves
2 Beef Cubes (bullion)
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup red wine vinegar

Brown roast in a small amount of olive oil, then add all other ingredents, bring to a slow simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. When cooking is finished, take out meat and let set for 15 minutes, strain the broth, bring back up to boil, thicken with 2 tbs cornstarch to 1/2 cup water, add gravy master about 1 tsp. This makes a rich golden brown gravy. Serve with noodles and red cabbage. :thumbsup: