PDA

View Full Version : Your every year picture

Physcayt
04-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Every year, we all gather around the cigar store Indian on Main street to take our picture. It's neat to see how we change over the years. (some fair better than others :secret: )

So where do you take your every year picture?

TysMomTink
04-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Growing up, my parents would take my picture sitting on the white bench in front of a flower cart along a side street of Main Street. I don't believe that spot exists anymore. It was great seeing me change along the years. I want to do that with my DS but the last two years haven't found "that" spot yet.

retiredfigment
04-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately, I couldn't take my kids every year. When we went, however, I always took a picture of them with Mickey. My DS at 5 was up to his waist, but when I bribed him at 16, he towered over Mickey. My DD outgrew Mickey too, but not as dramatically. I love those pictures!

Kaps
04-15-2010, 11:22 AM
We take ours on the bank of the river at POR with the waterwheel for the food court in the background. We started with one kid now we have three. It is nice to see the changes in them over the years.

VWL Mom
04-15-2010, 11:48 AM
We have 2 spots: the Christmas Holiday Greetings at entrance to DTD and the snowman outside of Mamma Melrose. We pick the best of the 2 and that is our Christmas card. Sadly, the tradition may have ended, DS18 will be off to college so will not be able to come this year for our November trip.....unless??????

#1donaldfan
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
...we must have no imagination .....

....we do a "full family" picutre in front of MK centered, with the train station as our background....:blush:

KylesMom
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
It's tradition to take our family picture in front of the Mickey aluminum & plexiglass statue out back of the Contemporary. There are many other traditional photos we take, but this stands out among them! :mickey:

CU Tiger
04-15-2010, 12:20 PM
It's tradition to take our family picture in front of the Mickey aluminum & plexiglass statue out back of the Contemporary. There are many other traditional photos we take, but this stands out among them! :mickey:

:ditto:
We do not make it a point to get this picture, but it always happens!:mickey:

Frog
04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Pofq was our first trip, and we snapped a shot by the fountain in the back.. and took another one before we left last summer! A very cool idea for those that are going to pick a spot and snap a shot!!

cardinalsfan_98
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Ours is DD on the left chair in Minnie's Screened-In porch. Unfortunately, we are going to have to change that, but hopefully not until 2011.

eeyorepoohfan
04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Growing up, my sisters and I would each have our picture taken in the phone booth at the United Kingdom Pavillion. We don't get to go every year, sometimes it's 12 years between ;) My hubby and I went in December and each took our picture in the phone booth. Of course there is always the picture in front of the castle too! :mickey:

mook3y
04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
So far....

We have had our kids take pictures where Tink Magically appears in their hands.

We have done this 3 times now.

The first time they look a little confused, but the other 2 times (last time they were 3 and 5), they are staring intently, trying to catch a glimpse of tink as she flies in quickly for the photo. :D

biodtl
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
In Mexico with sombreros.

Granny Jill A
04-15-2010, 02:13 PM
We always try to have a picture snapped in Italy by the fountain. I just wish the smoking area wasn't right next to it. Makes waiting a bit of a struggle for old asthmatic me.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2010, 02:28 PM
My son's 1st trip he was 14 months old and was in awe of splash mountain. He loved to watch the boats come down. It ended up being his favortire ride. Our picture was my son on my husbands shoulders right in front of the ride on the bridge. We do go every year and sometimes twice...:cloud9:. We have pictures in the same spot and it was great to see the pictures when my son was finally too big to sit on my husband shoulders and just stood next to him...he is now 9 years old and when we go in september he will almost be as tall as my husband....

homeschool mom
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
We took a day trip to MK in 1996 while visiting family in FL and snapped a pic of our 3 little DDs - then aged 6, 4, & 3 - with Minnie's mailbox in Toontown. When we made our first week long family trip in 2000 we had added a DS who was 13 months old at the time. We snapped a pic of the 4 of them with Mickey's mailbox since we had a boy in the bunch. Since then we have taken a pic of our bunch - added another DS in 2001 - with Mickey's mailbox on every trip. I think one year it was in the shop so we snapped the pic with Minnie's. Our last was in Sept. '08 when DDs were 17, 15 & 14 and DSs were 9 & 7.

Hopefully Mickey's mailbox will still be there when we return next month. It would be nice to get one more pic! :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
From every trip we take, our spot is in MK.

It's on the boardwalk by the river (I think about across from the country candy store) with the Castle in the background.

Like some other posters, we laugh at the changes that may not be so positive over time . . . :D At least our spirits have stayed the same!! :mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
In front of the Lego monster in the water at DTD.

pink
04-18-2010, 11:54 AM
We always take a picture in front of the castle. How original!

But we also always take a picture of me and my dad in a car at the Sci-Fi drive in restaurant. We took one when I was eight with him and it is the cutest picture ever. I wish I was still that cute haha. :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
04-18-2010, 01:42 PM
We do a picture of our girls sitting in the tiled area in the Morocco pavillion. There is a little alcove that is all tiled and there is a place to sit and we always take a pic there.

WishesFan13
04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Ok Tinkerfreak you stole my answer. My sister and I have a picture in Morocco in the building on the left from our 1st trip when I was 10 and she was 8. We still get out picture taken there almost every year. Now it's my DH and I going on vacation, but since my sis lives in FL she comes up for a few days whenever we go so we still get the pic. This year it will be the two of us and my very pregnant belly when we go in September and i guess next year it will be the two of us and baby.

AHOTE
04-18-2010, 11:19 PM
We used to get a photo in front of the lawn mower tree at Ft. Wildeness but it's all gone now, completely absorbed into the growning tree. Another favorite spot was on the train platform looking toward the castle.

Septbride2002
04-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Castle in the background from the Rose Garden location. I love this shot because you really don't get the MK crowd in the background. Plus the Main Street photo guys are always so busy and crowded but the Rose Garden guy only has maybe 1 other family in front of you.

~Amanda

Japangurlangel
04-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I have three:

My mom makes me get a pic in front of the fountain near muppets 3D

and CGC in Mk

and i have to take pics of roses in epcot in the roses path

Some habits are hard to quit.:blush:

antnyh
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
This has already been posted, but we always take ours behind the CR with the metal Mickey statue. It is nice because it has the nice tripod in front of it. It is also nice to see the kids, as well as us adults, change over the years. So much fun!!!

Wishmaker
04-21-2010, 07:25 AM
My family is originally from California. So visiting every year as a child we would take a trip to DisneyLand. The picture that I always remembered was the Captians wheel in the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house. I still have one of me and my little sister. I believe I was 14 or 15 at the time.

So naturally on our first trip to Dinsey World in 2001 I had my mom take a picture of me, DD and DH in front of that wheel. We stop every trip and take one.

I have to say we took two trips in 2009 and somehow managed to miss this pick. Oh, I was so sad. We will be there again in 18 days. I will definately get one if we have to ask a stranger to take it. :mickey:

Olivia's Daddy
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
We take the picture in front of the "Partners" statue at MK. We also take a picture of just our daughter at the little Budda statue at the shop in the rear of the China pavilion at EPCOT.

wdw dude
04-22-2010, 03:56 PM
My neice and I have our picture taken in front of the 1929 Cadillac at the Grand Floridian every time we are at WDW (which is just about every year). She's now 24 and it's fun to see how she's grown.

:mickey:

Disney Doodle
04-25-2010, 10:36 AM
We always have a photo taken at the fountain at Epcot. The first time was in 1998 and the last 2004. Its lovely to see how the family have all grown-up over the years and interesting to see complete strangers also caught up in the picture. We will be getting another one in August 2010 so beware, if you are around or you may also be caught up on the picture and will forever be part of one our family memories. :thumbsup:

A Big Kid
04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
What? No one takes their yearly picture at the stockades in front of the riverboat?

indytraveler
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
We have two pictures one is in front of Cinderella's Castle (yeah I know original). This is taken when we first get in the park. Its off to the side a bit towards Adventureland. This is our "before" picture. And we take another as we leave the park at night.

This was started when DD 5, DD 3, DS 1. They were usually asleep in strollers when we left the park. Its nice to see them still happy at the end of the day now, instead of asleep.

BBrinkman
04-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Every year we've gone we've always taken a picture with the tiki statues in Adventureland. It's always been me and my two sisters but when we went a few years ago, my wife and son joined us for the first time. It's awesome to see how much we've changed over 20 years!